TENNESSEES FIRST GAME........

GIVEHIM-6

Mayberrys Pride
I don't know about yall but I'm pretty proud of this TENNESSEE TEAM TONIGHT.We came out and took care of business.If ya aint bleedin ORANGE tonight then ya just aint right.GO VOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Agreed&#33; :) Definitely felt good to watch this team play really well, especially after I had to watch SU lose 51-0 earlier in the day <_< UT-Florida on national TV in 2 weeks... LET&#39;S GO VOLS&#33;

Agree there, the cuse took a whippin&#33; I didn&#39;t think that Purdue had that in them since they lost so many people last year. Oh well. Two weeks will be our tell tale week. You know that C.J. has to be pissed. Being named the stater going into camp and now just looking to play somewhere. I thought that would have been the matchup that made the UT - FL game really exciting this year. Then again it is Florida vs Tennessee, does there really need to be anything other than mentioning those two names in a sentence to get the Orange blood pumping&#33;&#33;

Did anybody notice the field position change on the punt right before the half? We kicked from our own 5 and after the 65 yard moon shot that Colquitt kicked that got muffed and the flag for block in the back, UNLV got the ball on their own 10.

An 85 yard change in field position&#33;?&#33;? Colquitt is f&#39;in awesome&#33;

It&#39;s been one of the best punts i&#39;ve ever seen considering he was standing on the endline in the endzone and after was all said and done the ball is on the opposing 9 yard line&#33; Like you said GAVOL that&#39;s a huge yardage shift...(a few vodka and cranberry in me prevents the ability to do yardage&#33; LOL) That has got to rank up there as one of the best ever at Neyland&#33; Colquitt has the bloodline for kickers&#33; They stated that they have to limit the number of punts he does per day at practice at 55-60&#33; That&#39;s insane. Does anyone think he is the only All-American we have on this team? Kevin Burnett or Anthony Munoz anyone?

I am so proud to be a Vol fan. We have some things to work on, but we can GET &#39;R DONE&#33;

I was suprised how well we played and how few mistakes we made.

I also couldn&#39;t believe how "electric" the stadium felt for a game like UNLV.

I also couldn&#39;t believe how "electric" the stadium felt for a game like UNLV.

Wait 2 weeks. :D

I must say, the game Sunday right was rather enjoyable.

Generally, when the Vols kick off each season opener, I&#39;m a bit down on the team because Phil and Sanders are still on the sidelines. This year is different. I like the freshman QBs and the stable of running backs we have. I LOVED seeing the kids calling plays from the line because that means Sander&#39;s play is being tossed out the window. If they would call every play from the line, I&#39;d be all for it. Hell, let Sanders stay home and watch it on TV.

All in all, I think the team did real well. The backs were impressive. The QBs took care of business and stayed in control. The D was a bit off but that&#39;s to be expected in a season opener. I&#39;m guessing Phil will go over how to tackle by wrapping up your opponent this week in practice. I assume they just didn&#39;t get to that before the UNLV game.

Florida will be a great test for this team. If we can beat them and look as good as we did Sunday, this season could be a good time.

I&#39;m still not sold on the dual QBs. I think you need to stick with one for a majority instead of switching out every couple of series. Might not hurt right now, but I think down the line you need 1 guy to take the snaps and lead the team.

The QBs played great, but those kids were no more calling the game than I was. Every time they saw a safety walk up to the line or recognized blitz, they looked to the sidelines for the play call. True, the QBs did have to read and recognize what the defense was doing, but it was a great move on the coaches part to take the pressure off the QBs.

This was the most exciting season opener I&#39;ve watched since the opener against Syracuse back in 98...alot of questions beginning of that season too... hope we get the same result......1 thing though we got to pick a Qb ... this junk worked ok against UNLV but the meat of the season is just around the corner and we need a head butcher or we might end up with a case of Mad Cow Disease&#33;

I think ideally you would like to have one guy to be your leader but I think you have to just take one game at a time and see what develops. If they both continue to play well I don&#39;t see how you cannot play them both.

I don&#39;t see the advantage in having only one QB. Like Larkins said "How do you prepare for 2 QBs and 4 RBs?"

Its not the other team I worry about with 2QBs its our team ... they need 1 leader...not to mention the nightmare of keeping 2 players as talented as both these guys are happy....something has got to give...they&#39;ve been showing a good front so far but one of them will be gone before all this shakes out.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 6, 2004 10:43 PM
they need 1 leader...

Sorry jr, but I have to disagree. They need all the leaders they can get. As long as the leaders band together and act as one unit, they&#39;ll be okay. Lack of leadership was one thing that made last season so unpredictable.

I still luv ya though.

:lol:

To take a page from 1998, this is the first time in a while that we dont&#39; rely on one person to push the team. "No Stars" was the theme set by Al Wilson and Co. so that everyone would work together as a team. I like the fact that everyone contributed to the Volunteer victory on Sunday.

First Game of the Season Rocked&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; The thunder in Neyland Stadium was
deafening.......... what a fantastic game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Shook Fulmer&#39;s hand at the Vols&#39;Walk..
everyone looked so confident and everybody was fired up for
"Football Time in TENNESSEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

GO VOLS..............
GO BIG ORANGE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

Week one was very exciting, great way to start the season&#33; :D These two Qb&#39;s are fun to watch. I have faith in Mr. Fulmer to make the right choice. We have a good amount of time to get ready for the gators, bring it&#33; :machinegun:
GO VOLS&#33;

yes more than one leader , but 1 QB , in 1998 we only had 1 QB -a commander in cheif with lots of 4 star generals on the feild with him but still 1 QB, like I said the problem will be managing the egos of 2 obviously talented atheletes, one of them has got to be "the man" , the 2QB thing is a nice diversion , but sooner or later somebody comes to the top. Look at Banks even after be converted to WR he still was quoted as wanting a shot at QB, (I think that is part of his off the field problems still pissed about being shut out of the position he longed to play , just my :twocents: ) then you throw Crompton in the mix , one of these guys transfers after this season, mark it down.

These 2 have no problem right now with the situation, so I say if it ain&#39;t broke don&#39;t fix it. Just let it all play out and don&#39;t force the issue. That is what causes problems within the team.

The cream will rise to the top on its own.

VN Store

Back