Tennessee will host Troy in 2020

I understand, but my point is I've seen several posters talk about how insane that schedule is and over a 12 game schedule, I don't see it any more "insane" than ours pretty much every year.
It’s insane in that practically no Power 5 team schedules 3 P5 ooc games. It seems like maybe I saw Stanford do it once but I could be wrong. Anyway, we know absolutely nothing about what any team will look like in 10 years so the only basis for saying it is insane is scheduling 3 P5 games as no one is doing that. It’s probably a safe bet that Texas, Clemson, and FSU will at least me respectable teams though. GA Tech is usually between 5 and 8 wins but still way tougher than playing Charlotte or Georgia State or some FCS school. When the time comes it may not look like a tough schedule when combined with their conference schedule but you have to agree that it is still incredibly aggressive nonconference scheduling.

1. We are a struggling program trying to rebuild. We can’t beat Vanderbilt right now, so OOC wins are at a premium. This team needs wins to gain momentum and help in recruiting....schedule whoever you need to stack done wins to be bowl eligible.

2. We pulled to upsets.....balanced by losing a school record 6 games by at least 24 points.

3. Nothing about my post which triggered you was negative. It was honest and reasonable.

4. I couldn’t possibly care less about what you think of my posts....you’re fairly new to the board, perhaps you don’t know there’s an ignore button. You clearly struggle with opinions contrary to your own, I suggest you put me on ignore so you don’t have to suffer the stress of seeing/reading them.
Whatever dude your always negative and you don't ever know what your talking about besides what you Google. No I'm not new around here been here alot longer than you just under a different name, some people like you pretend to know what they're talking about but believe me you don't. You've probably never played a down of football but you think you know, me you ask?? I played at the University you constantly bash and pretend to know about. I don't get on here and say anything about myself because it's about the current players and coaches. But your right I can and will ignore you because I would much rather talk to fans of this great university instead of fake people claiming to be fans.
Good day to you. Go Vols!

Agree. Neyland amped is like nothing else. I have a dear cousin. Grew up in a Vandy family, yet claims to like the VOLS. Wanted him to accompany me to a game in Neyland (back when I had an extra season ticket). Told him to look at the schedule and pick a game.... any game. He chose Oklahoma. Not sure how many of you were there, but Neyland was loud like the old days when we had 109,000. His ears rang for a week, and he was overwhelmed by one of the greatest atmosphere's he's experienced.. He's in Nashville and a Titans season ticket holder. Said Titans couldn't hold a candle to what he witnessed that night.

Would be nice to have a quality opponent come in and open a can of woop ass. And eventually be good enough to embarrass one of those cocky Big 10 Schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State etc. Rare that they do Home/Away with SEC.
I’m going to unlike this post a few times just really let you know how much I appreciate this post. I might even got back and judge some of your other posts too.

We were loud in that 5OT win against the gimps(I used to call them the gumps after their most recognize football player Forrest Gump(The worsting part is they are proud of that fact.(Even worse Forrest Gump is your typical person(Used loosely.)from that particular area of The United States of America. A very accurate depiction(That Tom Hanks is a great actor. If you haven’t seen his movie Big, watch it.))). But to honor their HC, gimp is the new term I’ll be using. He is their greatest HC ever.

I was at both of OK. If I believed in “A Jinx” I would know I’m a jinx. I’m glad I don’t(Not what I chose to believe matters if it’s true or not.) believe in jinxes. I’m also glad I don’t believe is Voo Doo.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
OU still hurts. I wasn’t there, but that’s one that sticks with you and just shake your head every time you think about it.

The Auburn tie still haunts me. I try not to dwell on the losses. Just remember the good times. There will be plenty of bad times to keep you occupied that you can’t ignore.

The list of “head shakers” has gotten much longer over these past few lean years. I’m ready for some more wins a lot more wins. I just can’t stay away. I don’t even want to stay. I’m glad that I don’t want to stay away. I’ve had so many great experiences that revolved around UT Football. The adventures I’ve had on the way to and from games are priceless. Getting the win makes it that much sweeter, and a loss can make it a long ride home. Even worse when all you want to talk about is “Ifs and buts.”. I expect to have many more good times considering who’s up there running the program.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Whatever dude your always negative and you don't ever know what your talking about besides what you Google. No I'm not new around here been here alot longer than you just under a different name, some people like you pretend to know what they're talking about but believe me you don't. You've probably never played a down of football but you think you know, me you ask?? I played at the University you constantly bash and pretend to know about. I don't get on here and say anything about myself because it's about the current players and coaches. But your right I can and will ignore you because I would much rather talk to fans of this great university instead of fake people claiming to be fans.

Awesome!

So what’s the vibe that this year’s team is sending out?

Are the players making good use of their free time?

Will we ever wear the Orange pants again? Deerpark might be able to answer that one.

Like that song that says "well I was drunk, the day my mom, got out of prison...", this post has everything.

VN Store

Back