Tennessee vs Vandy SECT Thread

We got this game. Looks like We will face LSU in the Title Game. GO VOLS.

2008-sec-bracket.jpg

Just made it back & on a few minutes ago-

LV's look more decisive and dominant in that short time... but Vandy isn't that far behind on the scoreboard.

Anybody want to do a quickie summary of the game so far?

vandy went out to a 14-4 lead early. The LV's struggled for the next few minutes yet closed the gap a little. At about the 9 minute mark they came out from a time out and started forcing turnovers and hitting both inside and out. At one point, Vandy took 5 trips down the floor and turned the ball over 4 of those times - I think all resulted in points.

Yes, MV, I'd be happy to.

Basically, what's happened is that Vandy noticed that not even the UT Radio-TV Department was willing to film the LVs Senior Day. As a result, both the LVs and Vandy know that Vol fans are more talk than action, and, therefore, while the LVs are working twice as hard, they are only producing barely above 1/2 the action.

Being polite southern ladies, they don't want to embarrass us by performing in a way that makes it overly obvious that Vol fans are socially-retarded when it comes to women's hoops.

I dunno. Our girls have made them commit shot clock violations several times tonight. That and turnovers makes me think the LV's have the edge there. Maybe a look at the stats will tell me different.

Wow... all at once, no matter how under ourselves we're playing, both our and Vandy's attitudes seem changed.

No matter what kids from either team do, it's suddenly obvious who the winner and loser is going to be, score be damned....

One thing for certain. We are going to have to play a much better game to hang with LSU tomorrow night.

How consistent is LSU?

Objectively, how should we judge their whupping of us, and our two teams' wins in the tournament?

They're great, Sylvia Fowles is great, Cheney is excellent to go along with Highsmith off the bench. White is not bad either. There defense is phenominal and are very athletic and can shoot the 3 well. I say we'll lose by 3-5

How consistent is LSU?

Objectively, how should we judge their whupping of us, and our two teams' wins in the tournament?

The last 4 games LSU has won by around 20. Pat should have the LVs head right for the game, but I'm worried that if LSU comes out strong, the girls will start running scared. LSU has smacked down both opponents in the tourney but have had easier teams to beat up on. Should be a good game.

Lady VOLS are starting out on fire! Great to see the areana packed...all wearing orange!!!

VN Store

Back