Tennessee vs Missouri Game 1 Thread: Win the series and go to Hoover

and this is Tennessee baseball...

Tonight is about as gut wrenching as any game I can remember given the circumstances...but we can win tomorrow...Missouri ain't Florida. If we can win tomorrow I like our chances on Saturday....They are 2-7 for series finales in SEC games. We are 6-3, Thanks Will!

Might want to dbl check my math...happy hour is still going on. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wow, looking at the standings, right now, the SEC has a legit shot of getting 10-11 teams in the big dance...:loco:

I am closing down VN's Happy Hour! as of now, ya know...since it's tomorrow. But we'll be back up and running....SOON!

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Last night was just about worst case scenario:

1) We lost
2) We had our chances
3) We didn’t get any help anywhere else around the league. We now must win the next two to make it.
4) We played twelve innings and two of our horses are done for the weekend.
5) The pressure is squarely on us now.

hope the boys are comfortable with their backs against the wall...shoot, just another day at the office...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight is about as gut wrenching as any game I can remember given the circumstances...but we can win tomorrow...Missouri ain't Florida. If we can win tomorrow I like our chances on Saturday....They are 2-7 for series finales in SEC games. We are 6-3, Thanks Will!

Might want to dbl check my math...happy hour is still going on. :)

boy, I tell you that hurt...took me a little while to just do a little final post...we got this 66...:pepper:...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Last night was just about worst case scenario:

1) We lost
2) We had our chances
3) We didn’t get any help anywhere else around the league. We now must win the next two to make it.
4) We played twelve innings and two of our horses are done for the weekend.
5) The pressure is squarely on us now.

Done for the weekend?!? No way with CTV. He’ll throw one of them again no question. He’s rode the same few arms all year with no development of a bullpen. Exactly why Stallings had his fall off pitched way too damn much at the beginning of the year. Will not be the least surprised if Vitello rolls out one of these guys again.

Done for the weekend?!? No way with CTV. He’ll throw one of them again no question. He’s rode the same few arms all year with no development of a bullpen. Exactly why Stallings had his fall off pitched way too damn much at the beginning of the year. Will not be the least surprised if Vitello rolls out one of these guys again.

Lingo threw 112 pitches and Crochet 94. They’re done.

The part about Stallings is laughable. Stallings has thrown more than 100 pitches twice this year. He threw 108 a month into the season at Cincy and 101 a month later at UF. He threw 50 in his first start of the year and 86 and 90 the next two.

As for the bullpen comment. After the 3 starters and Crochet, Stallings, and Wallace we don’t have much. It is pretty obvious.

The part about Stallings is laughable. Stallings has thrown more than 100 pitches twice this year. He threw 108 a month into the season at Cincy and 101 a month later at UF. He threw 50 in his first start of the year and 86 and 90 the next two.

As for the bullpen comment. After the 3 starters and Crochet, Stallings, and Wallace we don’t have much. It is pretty obvious.

For context:
Brady Singer’s first 3 starts: 89, 95, 100 pitches. He has went over 100 pitches 9 times.

Blaine Knight- 67, 89, 96

Casey Mize- 75, 83, 92

Pitching is a major concern next season. I think the offense will be fine.

I kind of feel that we have a long way to go on all fronts...we're at the bottom of the SEC in hitting, pitching and fielding...no where to go but up though.

This can’t be a serious post....

VN Store

Back