Tennessee vs Lsu

BigOrangePaddy

Assuming we beat Pitt and Florida, this game will be absolutely huge for us. LSU fans have been obsessed with demonizing our baseball team this entire season so a win on the road in Baton Rouge will be extra satisfying.

I visited some of their boards earlier and they claim their defensive line is going to be elite this season.

Win this one and we are 5-0 headed into the Bama game. This is definitely a statement game for Heupel.

Last edited:
Assuming we beat Pitt and Florida, this game will be absolutely huge for us. LSU fans have been obsessed with demonizing our baseball team this entire season so a win on the road in Baton Rouge will be extra satisfying.

I visited some of their boards earlier and they claim their defensive line is going to be elite this season.

Win this one and we are 5-0 headed into the Bama game. This is definitely a statement game for Heupel.
Death Valley is going to be a difficult one. My hope is that they don’t figure out their offense in time to play us. I’d say right know it’s a toss up. Hopefully our defense can improve this season

Let me stop you at assuming we beat Florida lol. Knowing UT as an institution, we lose 5 games, including UF and LSU. Anything else and we’re kidding ourselves.

It's nice for your guys to have a preceding open date, while they're playing what's always a physical game against Auburn. With so much turnover, who knows what LSU will look like next year, but they still have a very talented group of athletes. This is one of the more interesting SEC matchups of the season to me.

It's nice for your guys to have a preceding open date, while they're playing what's always a physical game against Auburn. With so much turnover, who knows what LSU will look like next year, but they still have a very talented group of athletes. This is one of the more interesting SEC matchups of the season to me.

Yes, i think the game aligns very nicely for us and it's a very difficult trap game for them. I really do think we will pull out a win and it could be multiple scores even. They currently have a losing culture in their lockerroom that BK won't be able to fix by early season.

Doing this is asking for trouble... (we assumed we were going the the college world series)

Reactions: SpookyAction
I am not sure about the specifics of LSU’s talent level . . . But I am pretty sure they have had a string of better recruiting class than the Vols. They are likely much more talented on the oline and Dline.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
It's hard to get a prediction on this game or the Florida game. Right now prediction are based on history and that is pretty much it. I wanna see how this team play in the first 3 games if there is any improvement on D and how much better this offense from the off season then I would say a prediction could be made jmo.

Our recent record against LSU is awful. In the 7 games since the 2001 SEC championship loss, we’ve only won once and that took a hurricane hitting the state. That being said, outside of those 7 most recent games, UT is 19-3-3. We also have a coach capable of sending them and their accent adopting Butch Jones mentor back to the Burt Reynolds era. Go Vols.

Sorry man, but Bama plays Texas A&M on the CBS Primetime spot @8 that night. We might be the 3:30 CBS undercard .
Assumption they make that their one night game or inside info?

Genuinely curious, only way I can go is if it’s at night.

I’ll be there rooting on my Big Orange Team as loud as any ******* in the stadium.

Assumption they make that their one night game or inside info?

Genuinely curious, only way I can go is if it’s at night.

CBS has Oct 8 scheduled as their double header primetime weekend. They have a game at 3:30 and then 8. I don’t necessarily know that CBS would put us at 3:30, or if there are spots available on ESPN or SECN that night. I can almost guarantee that Bama and Texas A&M will be the primetime game. It actually may have already been confirmed . Auburn vs UGA is that day too, so that could be more attractive to be the 3:30 game. Florida vs Mizzou has noon kick written all over, USCjr and UK play and Arkansas vs Miss St could be intriguing. Right now I’d guess we’re the 3rd most coveted SEC game that weekend. That might put us at night.

VN Store

Back