Tennessee vs Georgia Tech game highlights (video)

Titans4Vols

The difference in Dormady from first to second half is kind of insane. Happy feet in the pocket in the first half, just never looked comfortable in the pocket. Callaway making some nice catches helped I'm sure, but Dormady flipped some kind of switch in the 2nd half. If we can get 2nd half Dormady on a consistent basis we'll be ok on offense.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The difference in Dormady from first to second half is kind of insane. Happy feet in the pocket in the first half, just never looked comfortable in the pocket. Callaway making some nice catches helped I'm sure, but Dormady flipped some kind of switch in the 2nd half. If we can get 2nd half Dormady on a consistent basis we'll be ok on offense.
I'll go back in watch it but my impression is that Scott did a nice job calling plays in that second half. We seemed to have a good rhythm.

fixin2golf

Was it just me or was our defensive line play further back from the line of scrimmage more than normal? If so, Im guessing it was to help with the cut blocks, but it sure gave GT a head of steam running the ball.

JohnnyJava

Subversive iconoclast
Was it just me or was our defensive line play further back from the line of scrimmage more than normal? If so, Im guessing it was to help with the cut blocks, but it sure gave GT a head of steam running the ball.
You saw it correctly. The strategy was to allow space to deal with the cut blocks, but it basically surrendered 3-4 yards on every play uncontested. Not sure that it was a good strategy! Good character win though!

gunner

The Big Orange Gun
He settled down and the line started blocking for him. It's easier to pass when you have time. The revievers dropped far to many passes in the first half.

But, he still threw into coverage and looks down his receivers. Not to mention he often throws behind his receivers.

TennesseeTarheel

Sorry, but, this IS my day job.
How do ya'll get the espn game with a Tennessee announcer??? I want to know if there is someway I can do that. Is it just in the Knoxville area? I had to mute those two ESPN guys last night before I jumped out the window.

onevol74

Dormandy didnt do a damn thing to be honest he didn't do anything to win this game..butch is not playing the right qb
Really! First start of his career where his defense gave up over 600 yards. No turnovers and led a 95 yard drive at the end of the game to tie up the game.

I would take Dormady any day over a me first player sitting on the bench.

VN Store