Tennessee vs Auburn Game Thread - 5:30

Great season for the baseVols and it is still going. Haven’t seen you post in here since the blown lead against FL, did you miss the great end to the season?
We have had a good season, a few blown opportunities but it happens. That said I’m just tired of losing to auburn in every tournament we play them!! I have an annoying auburn friend and just once I’d like to not get heckled at work by him. Auburn’s baseball team was maybe a tad better than us this year, so no excuse to go 0-4 against them.

Great season for the baseVols and it is still going. Haven’t seen you post in here since the blown lead against FL, did you miss the great end to the season?
And I also posted after we won the series against florida and congratulated the team and admitted i didn’t see that coming... guess you missed that

And I also posted after we won the series against florida and congratulated the team and admitted i didn’t see that coming... guess you missed that
During that same Florida series you called our program a joke, called out the mental make up of the team, and even in your congratulatory post, were sure to point out the "massive choke job" in game one. EVERY SINGLE GAME THREAD you showed up to post in this year was a loss. Just saying. You do you, but don't be surprised when people call you out because you only seem to show up for the losses. You were absent for all 38 wins. (you can check my math, maybe I missed one somewhere.)

I get the anguish over losing to Auburn twice this year in basketball, but I can't put this one in the same stratosphere. And we beat Auburn in football, so that should help with your heckling friend.

During that same Florida series you called our program a joke, called out the mental make up of the team, and even in your congratulatory post, were sure to point out the "massive choke job" in game one. EVERY SINGLE GAME THREAD you showed up to post in this year was a loss. Just saying. You do you, but don't be surprised when people call you out because you only seem to show up for the losses. You were absent for all 38 wins. (you can check my math, maybe I missed one somewhere.)

I get the anguish over losing to Auburn twice this year in basketball, but I can't put this one in the same stratosphere. And we beat Auburn in football, so that should help with your heckling friend.

Freak, you must have great restraint.....if I were in your shoes I’d be banning people left and right all over the place!

Heck of a series win! I still wish they wouldn’t of had a massive choke in game 1 but I’m proud of them for still winning the series. I didn’t think they would.

Oh, you mean this backhanded compliment.

Little late to the party, but JC BATTLED in that last at bat. Should he have swung, obviously. But he worked to get the count to where it was. Looked inside to me, but too close for comfort. Nothing to be ashamed of though. He needs to take that approach to the plate every AB.

I would have loved a tourney victory but it was probably a blessing in disguise. Our arms showed signs of wear in the final weeks. A little rest and we could be a cinderella story.

Reactions: RollerVol

It’s certainly true I post more when we lose than win, having said that I generally give credit where it is due also. This is a message board about sports so I’m not really sure why it offends people so badly when people post their opinions about the team, even if it is usually when they lose... I guess I just don’t feel like there is a lot to say when they win games.. good job I guess? Plenty of others already post that anyway.. it’s certainly true that mostly I post to vent frustrations about the team when they lose big games. If that’s a problem for you freak go ahead and just ban me and I’ll be glad to never come back.

It’s certainly true I post more when we lose than win, having said that I generally give credit where it is due also. This is a message board about sports so I’m not really sure why it offends people so badly when people post their opinions about the team, even if it is usually when they lose... I guess I just don’t feel like there is a lot to say when they win games.. good job I guess? Plenty of others already post that anyway.. it’s certainly true that mostly I post to vent frustrations about the team when they lose big games. If that’s a problem for you freak go ahead and just ban me and I’ll be glad to never come back.

I don’t have a problem. I’m just participating in the discussion, pointing out some interesting facts about your posts and explaining why people take you the way they do. Many of us don’t really understand ONLY showing up to rip the program we all claim to love. That’s something rival posters typically do. And despite your claims, you don’t give credit where credit is due, that’s why you were absent from the 38 game threads when the team won.

We have some great baseball minds in this forum and some great folks who provide quality discussion. I’m neither, but luckily I get to hang out here because they can’t kick me out. If you’re glad to never come back, then don’t. That’s up to you.

Last edited:
I don’t have a problem. I’m just participating in the discussion, pointing out some interesting facts about your posts and explaining why people take you the way they do. Many of us don’t really understand ONLY showing up to rip the program we all claim to love. That’s something rival posters typically do.

We have some great baseball minds in this forum and some quality folks. I’m neither, but luckily I get to hang out here because they can’t kick me out. If you’re glad to never come back, then don’t. That’s up to you.
Eh it’s probably best if I don’t, I love the vols and always will.. I’m also glad that there are so many positive all the time posters on here.. it’s what makes life interesting the difference of opinion. I use this message board as a place to vent frustrations that’s why a lot of my posts seem to be on the negative side. I get you don’t understand it just like I don’t understand the posters who are always satisfied with the lower tier results our great university always gets in most sports. But hey like I said just because I don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s wrong, which is why you don’t generally see me attack the positive posters on here. The same can’t be said for us so called “ negative posters” we are attacked relentlessly by the so called positive posters here... you read these boards in any forum over the past few years and mostly what you will find is not the negative nancies making all the commotion but the ones who relentlessly and mercilessly attack anyone who’s opinion doesn’t go along with the positive Polly perspective on things. So best I just leave you guys to your circle jerk.

I'm not beating on you but just a word of advise...... You'll be much happier in life if you look for something to celebrate and let the disappointments fade away.

I'm not beating on you but just a word of advise...... You'll be much happier in life if you look for something to celebrate and let the disappointments fade away.
No doubt. You probably wouldn’t believe it but I am actually a pretty happy person in general and I enjoy my life. I’m just also very competitive. I wish I wasn’t...I never played sports in college but I did all the way through high school, I don’t know maybe that’s why? Or maybe it’s just in my DNA to be ultra competitive. It’s a good thing in some parts of life but when it comes to things you can’t control it can definitely be a hinderance. Either way I love sports and I love the vols so from the entertainment perspective of my life it’s hard to turn it off unfortunately.

Eh it’s probably best if I don’t, I love the vols and always will.. I’m also glad that there are so many positive all the time posters on here.. it’s what makes life interesting the difference of opinion. I use this message board as a place to vent frustrations that’s why a lot of my posts seem to be on the negative side. I get you don’t understand it just like I don’t understand the posters who are always satisfied with the lower tier results our great university always gets in most sports. But hey like I said just because I don’t understand it doesn’t mean it’s wrong, which is why you don’t generally see me attack the positive posters on here. The same can’t be said for us so called “ negative posters” we are attacked relentlessly by the so called positive posters here... you read these boards in any forum over the past few years and mostly what you will find is not the negative nancies making all the commotion but the ones who relentlessly and mercilessly attack anyone who’s opinion doesn’t go along with the positive Polly perspective on things. So best I just leave you guys to your circle jerk.
Someone asked if you missed the last five games of the season, which is fair considering you didn't post in any of those threads. I think we were just establishing the baseline that you only show up to vent after losses, to which you and I have since both agreed.

I was pretty disappointed yesterday, as were most of us, so you aren't on an island there. By the same token I'm more excited that we're in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005. If that makes me a Nancy, so be it.

Reactions: RollerVol and txbo
Someone asked if you missed the last five games of the season, which is fair considering you didn't post in any of those threads. I think we were just establishing the baseline that you only show up to vent after losses, to which you and I have since both agreed.

I was pretty disappointed yesterday, as were most of us, so you aren't on an island there. By the same token I'm more excited that we're in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2005. If that makes me a Nancy, so be it.
I’m happy for them to. I hope that they do well. They have had a pretty good season. I suppose I should pop on and say more positive stuff from time to time. Having said that again, I am kind of tired of not playing well in post season tournament games. The vols seem to have a clear pattern of that spanning most sports over the past decade or so. If that makes me some terrible person, negative Nancy so be it I suppose. Ultimately they piss me off so much because I genuinely just want them to succeed.. I get people show it in different ways and I don’t have a problem in the world with those who can just shrug it off and be content. Just wish the ones of us who don’t express our love for the vols that way didn’t have to be constantly persecuted for it.

Good work, Freak. The numbers you had on him don't lie.

VN Store

Back