Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game 1 Thread 7:30 ET

I picked us to get at least 1, but after last night, I must admit my confidence is shaken. Arkansas can really hit the ball. Really hope GS has his stuff working tonight. GBO!!!

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I was, however, encouraged at how we competed in the batter's box last night. Of course, the Hogs helped us with some errors and a misjudged ball, but we still hit it around pretty good against an excellent pitcher. That's at least one positive I took away from it.

I picked us to get at least 1, but after last night, I must admit my confidence is shaken. Arkansas can really hit the ball. Really hope GS has his stuff working tonight. GBO!!!

I have to be honest, I couldn't watch the last two innings last night as I was so upset with how we played when Arkansas tried hard to give us that game, and we just couldn't get out of our own way enough to pick the W up and take it back to the hotel.

Crochet never had his good stuff...velocity was fine and he was throwing all the pitches he has but he just couldn't find a rhythm and hold onto it. Arkansas probably had a good deal to do with that, but I'm not sure we should have stuck with him as long as we did.

Fielding errors are, as a rule, not something we do. Last night we did. That "room service" ground ball to 2nd could not have been any better for a double play. I can't imagine what happened on that play, but it's over now and hopefully, we put all the bad stuff behind us.

I'm optimistic about tonight and remain confident that we'll take at least one from them but we let one get away last night, no doubt about it.

I have to be honest, I couldn't watch the last two innings last night as I was so upset with how we played when Arkansas tried hard to give us that game, and we just couldn't get out of our own way enough to pick the W up and take it back to the hotel.

Crochet never had his good stuff...velocity was fine and he was throwing all the pitches he has but he just couldn't find a rhythm and hold onto it. Arkansas probably had a good deal to do with that, but I'm not sure we should have stuck with him as long as we did.

Fielding errors are, as a rule, not something we do. Last night we did. That "room service" ground ball to 2nd could not have been any better for a double play. I can't imagine what happened on that play, but it's over now and hopefully, we put all the bad stuff behind us.

I'm optimistic about tonight and remain confident that we'll take at least one from them but we let one get away last night, no doubt about it.
Absolutely. We just did some things very uncharacteristic of us. We clean that up, we wake up feeling differently, IMO.

That non- double play was the game. We are out of that inning up 7-4 with momentum if we make that play. Understand he is a freshman, but that can’t happen.

It didn’t help but I liked the way Rucker bounced back with 2 doubles the next 2 at bats. Errors are part of the game, we’ve been fortunate to play a lot of games on turf.....

Reactions: StarRaider
That non- double play was the game. We are out of that inning up 7-4 with momentum if we make that play. Understand he is a freshman, but that can’t happen.
And a couple of balls to the outfield that should have been caught. Neither were like the lost ball that Rus hit, two simple fly balls but the fielders were just too deep.
Get em tonight!
Go Vols!

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back