Tennessee vs #8 Mississippi State - Game 3 Thread - 2 PM

We are about the #10 team in the SEC, which ain’t half bad in my opinion. We’ve lost series to better teams. We can make it up in the back half of the schedule. I just hope the committee will look at a 13-14 win SEC team. I have my doubts but I’m trusting volsbaseballfan1.

We are about the #10 team in the SEC, which ain’t half bad in my opinion. We’ve lost series to better teams. We can make it up in the back half of the schedule. I just hope the committee will look at a 13-14 win SEC team. I have my doubts but I’m trusting volsbaseballfan1.

I know it is only a one game difference, but I would feel a lot better about 13 or 14 wins if we were 5-7. Win the series against the Dawgs and I will feel good again.

We had a real chance to win all 3 games but lucky to win one. Usual culprits like relief pitching, walking batters pitiful base running and about every other thing that can happens, does.
Yes they did. While they are playing better than last year. They have to start finding ways to win some of these games.

Ho hum. Another year of sweating it out just to make it to Hoover. I hope that one day. Of course, I've been wishing this for years, but I hope we will eventually get to the point to where we don't have to do that anymore. I'm not holding my breath, but I guess a man can dream huh?
The best Baseball publication has them in comfortably as a 2 seed. They also have them as the most improved team. There RPI is in the top 10. They are in good shape

If they don’t win the series next weekend, the margin for the second half of the season becomes razor thin, requiring a 3-4 game improvement from the first half in order to be in the conversation for regionals.

Reactions: vol66
Got to get some bats in the lineup somewhere. Also, hope Neeley is ok. If not, who is our Sunday guy? Crochet, Hunley, Walsh, Sewell (if healthy)??

I would go with Hunley. Experienced starter with 5 SEC starts under his belt. I really like Crochet and Walsh out of the pen.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Anybody know if Coach Anderson was ejected? Apparently when Neely was struck by the line drive.

Anybody know if Coach Anderson was ejected? Apparently when Neely was struck by the line drive.
I was wondering the same thing. We had major thunder storms pass through and our power blipped just as he said he was ejected and Coach V was arguing.

Reactions: feathersax
I was wondering the same thing. We had major thunder storms pass through and our power blipped just as he said he was ejected and Coach V was arguing.

He asked the ump if he watched the English Premier League this morning and blue said soccer was not a real sport. Coach Anderson took exception to that statement and was thrown out. 😀

VN Store

Back