Tennessee Volunteers Baseball Merchandise Thread (Including Player NIL Products & Events) & Link to the Volnation Store(Post #1)

73a4d8bc-b934-47ed-93ec-5dd62602e37e.png

It was not as chaotic there as I thought but we were a football field away from home plate. Kirby said it was loud in infield and dugout.
Drive home was not bad. Wife drove first two hours. Got home at 4:45 this morning. 4 hours sleep and up. Worth it all. I don’t Want to know what it cost me per pitch my son threw.

It was not as chaotic there as I thought but we were a football field away from home plate. Kirby said it was loud in infield and dugout.
Drive home was not bad. Wife drove first two hours. Got home at 4:45 this morning. 4 hours sleep and up. Worth it all. I don’t Want to know what it cost me per pitch my son threw.
Glad y’all had a good and safe trip. I bet it was an awesome experience.

Hmmm. I know you’ve already been to MS State. Assume it’s the other SEC meccas of Arkansas and Ole Miss?
Nope. Not places. Kirby played At Arkansas in travel ball and we not to Ole Miss last year. One is win Natty and other is to see him get one at bat. I know he will not go down watching. I don’t think he will kill it but he still does in bp. Hasn’t seen live pitching enough but I’m guessing whoever he faced would think they could just throw a fastball by him.
There is another bucket list but that is beyond our control. I hope he gets the chance but not sure any pro teams are willing to take a chance.

Nope. Not places. Kirby played At Arkansas in travel ball and we not to Ole Miss last year. One is win Natty and other is to see him get one at bat. I know he will not go down watching. I don’t think he will kill it but he still does in bp. Hasn’t seen live pitching enough but I’m guessing whoever he faced would think they could just throw a fastball by him.
There is another bucket list but that is beyond our control. I hope he gets the chance but not sure any pro teams are willing to take a chance.
That’s right. Was it Ole Miss that was throwing rocks at him in the BP? The others make sense. Can you imagine how wild the crowd would go if Kirby got to bat? It would be epic! I sure hope someone gives him a chance to pitch at the next level.

Yes Ole Miss threw rocks at him. Ole Miss, Miss State, nor LSU lived up to the hype that they received about being loud and obnoxious. Maybe you have to be behind home plate or in the infield to hear it but none got rowdy. Maybe my definition of loud and rowdy is different than others. Or maybe we have played with them or beaten them and they could not get obnoxious. I thought I would be hating every minute at all 3 places but not so.
Not going to Arkansas but don't think they are that bad. They will talk smack to TV but we all know when DVH leaves they are coming after him. You hate them until you have them then you love them.

Yes Ole Miss threw rocks at him. ....
Hey question for you ... answer or not ... as you see fit ... our starting pitchers ... are they still experimenting with their pitches.
My experience is that pitchers worked on new or "changed pitches" in the 'off season' and then brought the changes into the new season and 'tried them out in real time' when the pitching coach was ready for them to give them a run in live competition. This often explained the lack of 'fine' control on location. Thoughts?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think so many teams wanted to beat us because of last year that they spent tons of time preparing for us. There is so much video out there that they can watch and the technology is so great they can realistically watch video and work on hitting off our pitchers. I also think guys tip pitches without realizing it. Kirby will have me and his brothers watch video to make sure he is not tipping anything and he spends a great amount of time watching his body as a hitter to make sure that he is not tipping anything with his various pitches. I also think all of the pressure of the draft this year and next is weighing on them. Plus, the pressure to succeed by our fan base. If you miss a ball or give up a hit, you are worse than a little leaguer.
I also, truly, believe that the strike zone for our pitchers is tighter this year. People can say what they want but I think umpires, as a whole, are making our pitchers throw more pitches over the heart of the plate. I have watched video closer this year with an umpire's mindset and realistically see that umpires give other teams more leadway than us. I also believe we earned that from last year and again this year. There are so many things that lead to an umpire giving a tighter strike zone and it is easy for people to say it does not happen but having been there at that level, it does. There is so much talk among umpires and in the dressing room and passed down from above. I was sent on several occasions to clean things up in HS and college. I was the guy who was known to eject players and coaches and not take junk. So, I am not the one who thinks we don't deserve what has happened. I'm not sure I could umpire in today's world because I would have never taken a coach, and absolutely not a player, curse me or my partners.

VN Store

Back