Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

To answer your absurdly ignorant question: he’s known as one of the best developers of young talent in the world. He’s done so in the NBA, college and as the head coach of multiple national teams, including the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and The US. His ability to identify and cultivate offensive skills may be the best in college.

To answer your absurdly ignorant question: he’s known as one of the best developers of young talent in the world. He’s done so in the NBA, college and as the head coach of multiple national teams, including the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and The US. His ability to identify and cultivate offensive skills may be the best in college.

A little more success at Arkansas and he may start getting interest from other big time programs. If not, we can at least start the rumor.

A little more success at Arkansas and he may start getting interest from other big time programs. If not, we can at least start the rumor.
None of the blue bloods will be looking anytime soon, will they? There’s a sense that Calipari may not last much longer, so perhaps UK. Other than that, I feel like Arkansas is about as good a program as he could hope to be at in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Jack Burton
None of the blue bloods will be looking anytime soon, will they? There’s a sense that Calipari may not last much longer, so perhaps UK. Other than that, I feel like Arkansas is about as good a program as he could hope to be at in the foreseeable future.

The NCAA could always turn on Bill Self.

Duke and UNC could certainly be looking to change in a couple of years.

The ball is in Cal’s court. Lifetime contracts might take close to 9 figures to end.

Arkansas has a decent amount of history in basketball, a great arena, and plenty of resources to win at the same clip as the blue bloods. I don't see Muss leaving again unless it's for another chance at the NBA....and even then maybe not. Arkansas has plenty of money to keep him around for a long time.

Name one

Gotcha so kinda average overall considering he makes a living off of transfers

Just 7 years at the college level too, small sample size since he's not been a 1 & done factory like Cal.

He's a really good coach and he's got a killer class at Arkansas. I'm not too worried about him being a long term "dynasty" guy, and actually think he may end up back on the West Coast if one of the better gigs out there opens up.

UCLA, Arizona, or even Gonzaga (if it ever opens up)...I also think he could be a guy ya see leave for the NBA again if the right position was calling.

Just 7 years at the college level too, small sample size since he's not been a 1 & done factory like Cal.

He's a really good coach and he's got a killer class at Arkansas. I'm not too worried about him being a long term "dynasty" guy, and actually think he may end up back on the West Coast if one of the better gigs out there opens up.

UCLA, Arizona, or even Gonzaga (if it ever opens up)...I also think he could be a guy ya see leave for the NBA again if the right position was calling.
Oh yeah im not doubting his coaching ability im just doubting how he will do with freshman mostly this year, they are talented for sure and if he can get them all on the same page they should be good it’s just hard with freshman

Reactions: BigVawl91
Oh yeah im not doubting his coaching ability im just doubting how he will do with freshman mostly this year, they are talented for sure and if he can get them all on the same page they should be good it’s just hard with freshman

Yeah, always a challenge. Cal's grossly inconsistent results highlight how much of a challenge it is.

I hope he struggles, but seems like Arkansas at this point is mostly like the team to beat in the West (I know basketball doesn't have divisions). Cause he pulled in the #2 class AND still managed to land 4 pretty high rated transfers too. But that's 10 new faces...lot of turnover, I expect them to struggle with the lack of chemistry.

I think he already turned down Arizona, there was a little smoke with that job when Sean Miller was fired but he eventually signed a raise/extension with Arkansas. UCLA would be the one to watch though IMO. He did make a comment about how weak fan support most of the Pac-12 has earlier this year and how the SEC is a lot more fun to coach in, but I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise right now.

Muss did a great job with Mason Jones too his first year. Arkansas is in a really good spot with Ron Holland so he and Blocker would be a fantastic start to the '23 class. It's interesting to see him focusing so much on high school recruiting now that everyone else and their mother has started raiding the transfer portal.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
god no, he’s been to 7+ high schools if i could recall. he’s a walking red flag
Great athlete. Had a pretty rough last few years, losing people close to him etc. He almost committed to Bama, did commit to Syracuse. Decommitted there, then Oregon, all before NIL. He asked for some NIL money, didn’t get it and is leaving. This is a hard one to read. Future NBA kid if he can keep the car on the road.

Reactions: berryvol
Great athlete. Had a pretty rough last few years, losing people close to him etc. He almost committed to Bama, did commit to Syracuse. Decommitted there, then Oregon, all before NIL. He asked for some NIL money, didn’t get it and is leaving. This is a hard one to read. Future NBA kid if he can keep the car on the road.
Sounds like he needs us

Arkansas has a decent amount of history in basketball, a great arena, and plenty of resources to win at the same clip as the blue bloods. I don't see Muss leaving again unless it's for another chance at the NBA....and even then maybe not. Arkansas has plenty of money to keep him around for a long time.

The Walton family just put in a winning bid to acquire the Denver Broncos of the NFL.

Any kid who attended over 2.5 high schools is a no for me.

(Exception if the reason why is being in a military family that has to move a lot.)

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I set the number so it can’t be a push. Must be over or under. Like a football team being a 3.5 point favorite.
This particular kid lost a family member. That’s why he moved twice. You might want to cut him some slack on your calculations. He might not be right for us, but I hope he gets things sorted out.

VN Store

Back