Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Anyone care to post a summary? Don’t have to post the whole article. Just curious if there is any real “new” information in here.

Tyrese Hunter decision expected by end of the week
Inside Texas continues to monitor the latest on Iowa State transfer point guard Tyrese Hunter. The Texas staff continues to have communication with Hunter. Texas head coach Chris Beard has spoken with Hunter the last two days. A decision between Texas and Tennessee is expected.
Texas considers Hunter as important of a recruit as the staff has had since being hired. His impact running the point, scoring versatility and defensive capability would take the Longhorns to another level. Hunter in addition to Arterio Morris, Jabari Rice and Dillon Mitchell would make the Longhorns more versatile, longer, more athletic and allow for a faster tempo for longer stretches. And that is desired by the Texas staff.

Tyrese Hunter decision expected by end of the week
Inside Texas continues to monitor the latest on Iowa State transfer point guard Tyrese Hunter. The Texas staff continues to have communication with Hunter. Texas head coach Chris Beard has spoken with Hunter the last two days. A decision between Texas and Tennessee is expected.
Texas considers Hunter as important of a recruit as the staff has had since being hired. His impact running the point, scoring versatility and defensive capability would take the Longhorns to another level. Hunter in addition to Arterio Morris, Jabari Rice and Dillon Mitchell would make the Longhorns more versatile, longer, more athletic and allow for a faster tempo for longer stretches. And that is desired by the Texas staff.

Honestly, the fact that there isn’t a single mention of “We like where Texas is at” or “Texas has positioned themselves well in this recruitment” is a nice sign. Definitely not a guarantee, but nothing in that paragraph would indicate this thing is over and we are on the outside looking in.

Come on home, Tyrese!!!

Honestly, the fact that there isn’t a single mention of “We like where Texas is at” or “Texas has positioned themselves well in this recruitment” is a nice sign. Definitely not a guarantee, but nothing in that paragraph would indicate this thing is over and we are on the outside looking in.

Come on home, Tyrese!!!
Exactly what I thought. I don’t think I’d bet on the Vols, but I like our chances.

Exactly what I thought. I don’t think I’d bet on the Vols, but I like our chances.

Yeah, I mean Tennessee athletics has been on a hot streak lately on the recruiting trail and with our baseball dominance, so I fully expect some bad news soon. We’re not allowed to have nice things for too long. Some reality is going to hit soon! 😂

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

Come on home, Tyrese!!!
I think most would give Texas a slight edge due to time he’s known Beard/Big 12 familiarity/connection. As I said before, we are highly organized in how we pitch Hunter’s fit, have a solid NIL, the clearest path to starting/minutes, and a really nice reference point with Chandler’s development. It’s not as solid as I felt with Phillips, but we have a shot.

I think most would give Texas a slight edge due to time he’s known Beard/Big 12 familiarity/connection. As I said before, we are highly organized in how we pitch Hunter’s fit, have a solid NIL, the clearest path to starting/minutes, and a really nice reference point with Chandler’s development. It’s not as solid as I felt with Phillips, but we have a shot.

Oh, I definitely think Texas has the edge. No doubt. But, if this thing was a heavy Texas lean we would have gotten that trademark “We like where Texas is at” line. So, as you said, we’re still in it. Just gotta hope we can push it across the finish line.

I don’t think that the conference would stop it, but Hunter might not want to visit Ames.

Idk. I think the fact that Kansas and Texas had been 2 of the 3 favorites for the past few weeks makes it seem like he’d prefer to stay in the Big 12. Visiting Ames and dropping 30 on them would probably feel good lol.

Has it been explained why he’s leaving Iowa State in the first place? They were good last year and he was one of their star players

Has it been explained why he’s leaving Iowa State in the first place? They were good last year and he was one of their star players

“New” coach. He was recruited by someone else to come to ISU originally and then decided to stay for the first year. He also feels like he can develop for the NBA better elsewhere, which probably is true. I like the new guy at ISU but he is still developing a track record.

Ugh… didn’t want to do this but here I am getting my hope up on Hunter lol
You and me both, my dude. I am not prepared for this inevitable let down, ha!
Yeah I’m still trying not to get my hopes up and I just keep telling myself that he isn’t coming here. That way if he doesn’t come here I won’t be let down but if he does come here then I will be jumping for joy lol

Come on home, Tyrese!!!
Also “Decision expected by end of the week” do they mean this week? Because if so that means he is announcing in the next couple of days

Yeah I’m still trying not to get my hopes up and I just keep telling myself that he isn’t coming here. That way if he doesn’t come here I won’t be let down but if he does come here then I will be jumping for joy lol
Hahaha fair enough. I always find myself getting my hopes up, but I guess that’s the whole point of following recruiting and sports in general. No point in caring if you can’t have blind faith it’s all gonna go your way!

Reactions: Willy14
Hahaha fair enough. I always find myself getting my hopes up, but I guess that’s the whole point of following recruiting and sports in general. No point in caring if you can’t have blind faith it’s all gonna go your way!
Very true lol regardless I really hope he comes here. He seems to be the missing piece for this 2022-2023 team. PG is our main hole and he would fill it immediately

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back