Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

If they are able to land 2 guys the departure to make room won’t be someone that’s really been speculated as leaving, of course things can change but as of now.

Maschack would make a lot of sense here, IMO. Not that I want it to happen by any means, I am high on his potential long term, but he already had to burn his redshirt this year. If we brought in another PG and Phillips, plus return Santi/JJJ/ZZ/ON/etc, then I can't imagine there will be much playing time for him again next year. Feels like he would want to explore other options at that point.

Reactions: berryvol
Maschack would make a lot of sense here, IMO. Not that I want it to happen by any means, I am high on his potential long term, but he already had to burn his redshirt this year. If we brought in another PG and Phillips, plus return Santi/JJJ/ZZ/ON/etc, then I can't imagine there will be much playing time for him again next year. Feels like he would want to explore other options at that point.
Same with QD honestly. They both have high potential but like you said I can't see playing time. Love for both of them to stay though

Gee I hope not. Love Mashacks potential. Sure his position remains clogged but we won’t be running out so many two PG looks with Kennedy gone, so Scov isn’t pushed to the 3 as often, and Mashack can get more time there. Then the next year there will be all the pt in the world. I think he’ll be around, Barnes already showed an enthusiasm for him putting him in in big spots, and I sure hope he’ll be around, he’s the freshman I’m most excited about long term

Mike Wilson has an article in today's News Sentinel about the players staying or leaving and Bailey and Chandler were the only sure departures and he thinks QD might leave and he sees all the other players returning.

I hope Uros stays. He finally has a mean streak all be it his mouth
Yeah that part about him is fine. He's also a program guy which Barnes loves. However, if we bring in Phillips I see a post leaving, im hoping its not BHH or Aidoo as they have the most potential. Unfortunately I see ORN remaining so that leaves Tamba or Uros. In that scenario I think Uros becomes the odd man out as game wise he has the lower ceiling, and Tamba has more time left.

Yeah that part about him is fine. He's also a program guy which Barnes loves. However, if we bring in Phillips I see a post leaving, im hoping its not BHH or Aidoo as they have the most potential. Unfortunately I see ORN remaining so that leaves Tamba or Uros. In that scenario I think Uros becomes the odd man out as game wise he has the lower ceiling, and Tamba has more time left.

I hope BHH and Aidoo stay. I was looking forward to seeing their developments after this offseason.

VN Store

Back