Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

There is a C/O 2024 freshman on that EAB team from Hamilton Heights who is a name to keep an eye on; Somto Cyril. 6-11, 230 lbs. Had 41 blocks across a four-game tournament, recently. He is from Nigeria, same as Felix and David Okpara, who both play for HH, as well. Felix plays for MoKan Elite (Kennedy Chandler and our new Asst. Coach, Rod Clark) now, but previously played for EAB. Cyril looked good playing up on the U17 team, last weekend in some footage I saw. He didn’t play much as a freshman at Hamilton Heights, but obviously plays behind some quality talent, too.

@bleedingTNorange are you hearing anything about a possible transfer to Knox Catholic for Cyril?

Reactions: ArdentVol
What does Hamilton Heights do to get these big time recruits constantly? Especially big men
They have missionary and basketball contacts in Europe and Africa. The kids that play there are generally discovered thru those avenues. HH provides an education and exposure, the kids who play provide talent for HH to compete at a high level.

They have missionary and basketball contacts in Europe and Africa. The kids that play there are generally discovered thru those avenues. HH provides an education and exposure, the kids who play provide talent for HH to compete at a high level.

It’s blows my mind that 12 years ago my unathletic 6’2 center ass was playing against them in a small Christian school league and now they have top 100 players every year

It’s blows my mind that 12 years ago my unathletic 6’2 center ass was playing against them in a small Christian school league and now they have top 100 players every year
I am 5'8" and I will never have any sympathy for your short man syndrome on here. Get some help. jk

Silly me: I thought cannibals had eaten all the missionaries by now.

Last edited:
This is probably a long shot, but with the recent Celtics news, Juwan Howard’s name has been floated out there. If he did somehow make the jump, Jett Howard would no longer have any incentive to go to Michigan and we’d suddenly have a good situation fall right into our lap.
Yet it’s a waste for us to pursue him 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is probably a long shot, but with the recent Celtics news, Juwan Howard’s name has been floated out there. If he did somehow make the jump, Jett Howard would no longer have any incentive to go to Michigan and we’d suddenly have a good situation fall right into our lap.
I’d say Oats to Boston is more likely.

Reactions: ClasslessVol

Juwan isn’t leaving Michigan any time soon

VN Store

Back