Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Of course you can’t, but you can encourage someone that it is likely in their best interest to make a move. That happens all the time.
Not sure we’ve seen many of those nationwide this year, seems guys leaving are players those schools would probably have preferred they stay.

Not sure we’ve seen many of those nationwide this year, seems guys leaving are players those schools would probably have preferred they stay.
True, and that is probably more likely the case every year when you are talking mid year transfers. Not many coaches looking to put a whole lot of effort and time invested in roster turnover while they are simultaneously game-planning for opponents and managing actual games.

It would likely have to be a player you wouldn’t care to lose and one who had likely shown an interest in leaving, already. Mid-year movement is always more tricky, but the suggestion that I was implying it’s as easy as cutting a kid loose is inaccurate. There are methods for player movement behind the scenes.

I thought he just reclassified?
BHH publicly stated recently that it was his desire to stay in the 2022 class, so he has not reclassified. I'm not certain he won't at some point, and his public statement could just be posturing until later this spring. If he does indeed stay a member of the 2022 class, then I'd venture to guess we are in the transfer market. We likely are, anyway.

VQ has been hinting at a 2022 reclassifying to 2021 and being a Vol, not BHH, has sounded like Tamba.
I thought someone asked the VQ guys specifically about Tamba moving into the 2021 class, and they said that they weren't aware of any plans to do so (insinuating he wasn't the guy in question).

Did I just imagine that?

Edit: Found it...Screenshot_20210111-174000_Samsung Internet.jpg
Maybe they are playing coy, but they seemed unaware of much with him back in the late fall.

Last edited:
I thought someone asked the VQ guys specifically about Tamba moving into the 2021 class, and they said that they weren't aware of any plans to do so (insinuating he wasn't the guy in question).

Did I just imagine that?

Edit: Found it...View attachment 338343
Maybe they are playing coy, but they seemed unaware of much with him back in the late fall.
In comparison to people asking about BHH, Green, Okpara etc. all of those guys VQ replied something like “they aren’t the prospect we are hearing is likely”, gave a completely different answer for Tamba.

In comparison to people asking about BHH, Green, Okpara etc. all of those guys VQ replied something like “they aren’t the prospect we are hearing is likely”, gave a completely different answer for Tamba.
It was a different answer, but it sounded like they really didnt know much about Tamba's situation. I guess it depends on how you interpret it. They are either being purposely misleading or they really are just uninformed about him.

It was a different answer, but it sounded like they really didnt know much about Tamba's situation. I guess it depends on how you interpret it. They are either being purposely misleading or they really are just uninformed about him.
They know who it is, they’ve said they do but don’t want it out there yet...answering empathically it’s not those other guys and then saying “it might be a possibility” to Tamba spoke volumes to me.

VN Store

Back