Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Per VQ summarized...

Coming out of live period the top targets remain largely the same, could see a new name or 2 pop up along the way, but for now: Keon Johnson, Jaden Springer and PJ Hall are the main guys with Hayes joining that list if he opts to reclassify. As of today the staff is working on scheduling officials with Springer, Hall and Hayes for this fall.

Never say never in recruiting but Tennessee is looking good with Keon Johnson come August 6th. The staff is trying with N’falay Dante but if he is going to reclassify and join a school this fall the clock is ticking on getting him to visit.

Assuming Keon Johnson picks Tennessee in 6 days, we have 1 open scholarship remaining for the fall, however I obviously think we’d oversign if it’s the right guys.

It appears as though Jaden Springer, PJ Hall and Cam Hayes will all OV this fall and likely make decisions this fall as well...obviously we all enjoy talking best case scenarios etc, but realistically if Tennessee can land any of those 3 guys to go along with Walker & Johnson that would be an incredible haul.

It would also paint a clear picture for the staff imo of spring targets...if they land Hall then the need is definitely at guard going into spring and they’ll focus their attention there. If they land Hayes or Springer then the need is definitely a rim protector and they’ll focus at that position with a guy like Cardwell still available.

Assuming Keon Johnson picks Tennessee in 6 days, we have 1 open scholarship remaining for the fall, however I obviously think we’d oversign if it’s the right guys.

It appears as though Jaden Springer, PJ Hall and Cam Hayes will all OV this fall and likely make decisions this fall as well...obviously we all enjoy talking best case scenarios etc, but realistically if Tennessee can land any of those 3 guys to go along with Walker & Johnson that would be an incredible haul.

It would also paint a clear picture for the staff imo of spring targets...if they land Hall then the need is definitely at guard going into spring and they’ll focus their attention there. If they land Hayes or Springer then the need is definitely a rim protector and they’ll focus at that position with a guy like Cardwell still available.
You think Hayes decides this fall?

Hayes admitted that he’s not terribly far away from making a college decision and one will likely come at some point in the next few months. With that in mind, it’s probably safe to assume he will be choosing one of the programs he plans to visit over the next couple months. NC State has made the in-state target a top priority and he’s comfortable on its campus and around the Wolfpack program. Maryland is new to the party but the Terps coaching staff has made a strong impression in a hurry. Louisville’s staff, between Chris Mack and Dino Gaudio, has strong connections in North Carolina and will get the first shot at Hayes once the dead period ends. Florida State under Leonard Hamilton has signed some really good players out of North Carolina with five-star Patrick Williams being the most recent in 2019, so don’t rule out the Seminoles here. Tennessee will be needing to replace
Josiah James sooner than later, so the Vols can sell the idea of joining a potentially really strong class with early playing time. All five programs have strong pitches, so it will be interesting to see where Hayes ends up.
-Rivals

Hayes admitted that he’s not terribly far away from making a college decision and one will likely come at some point in the next few months. With that in mind, it’s probably safe to assume he will be choosing one of the programs he plans to visit over the next couple months. NC State has made the in-state target a top priority and he’s comfortable on its campus and around the Wolfpack program. Maryland is new to the party but the Terps coaching staff has made a strong impression in a hurry. Louisville’s staff, between Chris Mack and Dino Gaudio, has strong connections in North Carolina and will get the first shot at Hayes once the dead period ends. Florida State under Leonard Hamilton has signed some really good players out of North Carolina with five-star Patrick Williams being the most recent in 2019, so don’t rule out the Seminoles here. Tennessee will be needing to replace
Josiah James sooner than later, so the Vols can sell the idea of joining a potentially really strong class with early playing time. All five programs have strong pitches, so it will be interesting to see where Hayes ends up.
-Rivals
Thanks!

Recent article stated that, surprised me a bit but would suggest he’s further along in the process than previously thought...which is good news for Tennessee. Right now blue bloods aren’t involved, he waits until spring or 2021 and that likely changes.

Recent article stated that, surprised me a bit but would suggest he’s further along in the process than previously thought...which is good news for Tennessee. Right now blue bloods aren’t involved, he waits until spring or 2021 and that likely changes.
Totally agree. I guess he can decide on a school in the fall, and then decide in the spring whether or not to to reclassify. I guess I had assumed the two decisions were linked, but I don't guess that is necessarily true.

"When we last spoke with Banchero after Peach Jam he said he’d likely stay in 2021 so he could have his senior season, events, games, all that. Now, he will actually weigh the option of potentially going to the 2020 class."
Paolo Banchero still weighing reclassification option. Duke and Kentucky among options

I have heard Parrish talk about this kid. His parents are advising him well by saying that he will decide his own path. But his Dad and uncle played football at Washington, and his Mom played basketball there. Apparently, Mom and Uncle are in the school’s hall of fame, and they’ve had season tickets for years. Just like many of us grew up fans, that influence can be tough to overcome. The coach at Washington has recruited well too.

I have heard Parrish talk about this kid. His parents are advising him well by saying that he will decide his own path. But his Dad and uncle played football at Washington, and his Mom played basketball there. Apparently, Mom and Uncle are in the school’s hall of fame, and they’ve had season tickets for years. Just like many of us grew up fans, that influence can be tough to overcome. The coach at Washington has recruited well too.
Yea, if he leaves Washington it’s almost certainly going to be for UK or Duke.

VN Store

Back