Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Tuition exchange is what I was thinking About. Employees at universities often times can use that for help with their kids go to college
I don’t think that’s happening, was just curious...I think it will be someone else, if they’re able to land one of these 2 guys.

I don’t think that’s happening, was just curious...I think it will be someone else, if they’re able to land one of these 2 guys.
I will take either one of them, don’t you guys agree? Obviously I like having a guy long term more than just 1 year, but would welcome it if we could get Blackshear. I like that Barnes is continuing to look for ways to improve the roster even this late in the game.

Regardless it looks like we should wait to see how the roster unfolds before we judge because things definitely look to be changing.

Someone give us more info.. I've got VT fans up here saying UT has no shot and wont even visit. Saying he's Going to VT or UF. Why visit Arkansas then? And if he visited them, why not UT? Better arena, facilities, and way better city.

Someone give us more info.. I've got VT fans up here saying UT has no shot and wont even visit. Saying he's Going to VT or UF. Why visit Arkansas then? And if he visited them, why not UT? Better arena, facilities, and way better city.
Lol VT? Why would he go back to VT if he's transferring from there?

Apparently Chris Arvin thinks hes staying at VT or going closer to home to UF.

Wouldn't surprise me. Kid tests the NBA waters then decides to return. Gets to go through the recruiting process all over again and enjoy some trips. Then he makes the hometown fans happy by staying at VT.

Still think we land blackshear somehow, but Bilua would be a great backup option, and I could see an argument saying he could be a better option as well. That kid can ball. Wonder why he isn't ranked.

Reactions: Vols All Day
What does football blue-shirting have to do with this?
Like I said RTI mentioned it. So bs is only done in football?

Last paragraph.
Vols Send Out Offer to 2019 Power Forward | Rocky Top Insider

Also mentioned in this article:

Report: Vols' "Number One Priority" is Landing Blackshear | RTI

Wouldn't work for Blackshear if you have to sit a year.

Blueshirt scholarship offer
Blueshirting is becoming a more popular (but hardly common) way to creatively manage the number of athletic scholarships. Blue shirt rules allow for unrecruited players to be awarded a scholarship at the start of freshman practice. Like a redshirt, they will practice with the team but won’t be allowed to play for a year. This allows a team that may have too many commits to essentially borrow against their next year’s scholarship total. The rules are rather strict in regard to what is defined as being “unrecruited.” That means there was

• No official visit
  • No in-home coach visit
  • No signed National Letter of Intent
  • No form of athletic aid
Given the recruiting restrictions, it is still a pretty rare occurrence for a student-athlete to be considered for a blueshirt scholarship offer.

Last edited:
On Friday Barnes extended an offer to 6-foot-11, 200-pound power forward. Josaphat Bilau is apart of the 2019 class and has no stars according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He does have offers from Georgia Tech, Georgetown, Kansas State, Illinois, Texas Tech, Wichita State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.

Again no stars and apart of the 2019 class.

VN Store

Back