Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Texas returns 116.3 MPG in production, of those minutes - 85.4 were to players 6'6" or shorter (assumed) to be wing players.

So of the 120 minutes assumed for typical wing players (1-3) that would leave a total of 34.6 MPG to pick from between Morris, Hunter, Rice, Rowan.

That's assuming Mitchell plays mostly the 4 role and isn't eating into any of the wing minutes.
Again, you’re biased…can just as easily list Zeigler, Edwards, Vescovi, Jefferson, JJJ and Key all guys 6’6” or less…and then throw in Phillips too who’s expected to play 3, not any more appealing.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I do feel bad for some of the “smaller” or maybe say less notable P5 programs who are now just going to become farm systems for the high-major money machines of the world.
We’re in an embarrassing moment for the sport. They’ll have to rebalance it to maintain some equity. It’s going to be very tough given the reluctance of a court to limit options of the athletes regarding school choice or compensation. Pro sports solve parity with drafts, or try to. Not sure what they’ll do, but they’ll have to do something.

I do feel bad for some of the “smaller” or maybe say less notable P5 programs who are now just going to become farm systems for the high-major money machines of the world.
We’re in an embarrassing moment for the sport. They’ll have to rebalance it to maintain some equity. It’s going to be very tough given the reluctance of a court to limit options of the athletes regarding school choice or compensation. Pro sports solve parity with drafts, or try to. Not sure what they’ll do, but they’ll have to do something.
Why should we feel bad for any school at all let’s not act like going to college is free for most ppl.

Again, you’re biased…can just as easily list Zeigler, Edwards, Vescovi, Jefferson, JJJ and Key all guys 6’6” or less…and then throw in Phillips too who’s expected to play 3, not any more appealing.
This does make me wonder if Key might regret his decision. I just don't see a lot of minutes for him this year.

Smaller school athletics will suffer because of nil and transfer portal I get that but why feel bad for them?
Because NCAA basketball is built on the concept that schools with few/no resources can still build a team that can make a run. If you amplify the existing imbalances further, the sport will become less and less interesting to watch, and 90% of schools will have irrelevant programs.

It really comes down to this for me. Hunter is talented enough to start anywhere.

But here at UT the only real PGs he'd have to beat out are ZZ or BJE. We've all seen Santi play the point, that's not where he'll be used. At Texas he'd at least have to beat out Carr or Morris, and they are imo stiffer competition than what he would face here.

Call it bias if ya want, my opinion is subjective completely and I'm in no way trying to say it isn't. But you just realize the positional changes you assume for those Texas PGs is also bias and subjective to your opinion.

This does make me wonder if Key might regret his decision. I just don't see a lot of minutes for him this year.

I think he just wanted somewhere closer for his family to come watch him play in what will likely be his last year playing basketball. I think he may be a 12-16 mpg here and will have lots of opportunity to be an off the bench offensive spark (something Bailey and Powell seemed to fail at)

Yeah, I’m not going to pretend to know the solution, but the fact that even a mid-level P5 program like Texas Tech is also shedding players to the portal isn’t healthy. I can’t imagine the Big 12 member institutions are happy that there is so much inter-conference poaching of elite talent.

Smaller schools like ISU will try and find diamonds in the rough that just need a little polish, and then a good portion of those diamonds are going to end up bouncing after a year to go to Texas, Kansas, North Carolina, etc. for more exposure and massive NIL deals.

I’m glad Tennessee has the resources to compete, otherwise I’d probably be way more upset about this shift in the landscape than I am. It won’t affect us as much, but it’s still going to have an effect.

Because NCAA basketball is built on the concept that schools with few/no resources can still build a team that can make a run. If you amplify the existing imbalances further, the sport will become less and less interesting to watch, and 90% of schools will have irrelevant programs.
It has already become less interesting for me and I’ve been watching it a LONG time. Having a real problem getting excited about a bunch of mercenaries who may or may not be around for more than one year.

VN Store

Back