Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Question:

Is TN recruiting Quante' Berry from Bradley Central? Here is Cleveland they talk about that A&M and UF have already offered him (among others). I've watched him play, he looks pretty darn good for a HS Junior.

Sankey announced he was suspending all off campus as well as on campus recruiting for the time being. He highlighted the date of March 30 as a ‘milestone’ date for reevaluating all policies he announced today, so perhaps that will change. However there’s also certainly a chance that travel basketball teams themselves will cancel events in light of the current state of things.
We saw the McDonald's games cancelled and obviously AAU tournaments around the country are in doubt.Looking further down the road I would imagine that there’s at least a chance that next month’s live evaluation period which is scheduled for the last two weekends in April will be affected as well.
-VQ

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Obviously a lot can happen/change, but on the surface this could shrink down the recruiting timeframe for guys, so having gotten in early on Banchero, Chandler, Reeves, Smith Jr., Ingram and getting them to campus could pay off as there’s a decent chance those guys won’t have as much time for visits etc.

Basilio saying somebody will be exiting soon. Not giving details. Said with recruiting shut down they can't add a grad transfer or big splash recruit right now. Grass is green. Sky is blue. Bash away.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I would bet on Johnson as well. Not a loss in my opinion

It would be a loss of a perimeter shooter and one if the 2 most experienced players. Bowden, Turner, and JJ were probably the 3 best shooters on the 2019-20 roster and the incoming freshmen aren't excellent. Bailey might be pretty good though.

I think that JJ could light it up in the right situation. He'd be a pretty solid contributor if he stayed as well. I'm pulling for him no matter where he plays next year.

It would be a loss of a perimeter shooter and one if the 2 most experienced players. Bowden, Turner, and JJ were probably the 3 best shooters on the 2019-20 roster and the incoming freshmen aren't excellent. Bailey might be pretty good though.

I think that JJ could light it up in the right situation. He'd be a pretty solid contributor if he stayed as well. I'm pulling for him no matter where he plays next year.

Not sure how you define “solid contributor”, but I would disagree.

Reactions: walkenvol
He contributed much more last year than over the previous. 5th year seniors with experience tend to not screw up like true freshmen. Feel free to take your shots at JJ though.

Take my shots? Exaggerate much? I asked a simple question. He appeared in 31 games and averaged 15mpg this year, I don’t think he would have those same numbers next season, and I think he knows that which is why he’s looking around.

Take my shots? Exaggerate much? I asked a simple question. He appeared in 31 games and averaged 15mpg this year, I don’t think he would have those same numbers next season, and I think he knows that which is why he’s looking around.

Putting "solid contributor" in quotes is being sarcastic. Yes, it's taking a shot.

We are going to have a lot of depth at 1-3. Have a hard time believing he would get more than 3-5 mins a game, if that. Barnes hasn't exactly unloaded the bench. Then again, I could see one of the freshman possibly transferring too.

It's low hanging fruit for Basilio's prediction. Basilio gets tips from C-level donors. I bet there are better connected insider sources posting in VN.
I can tell you unequivocally that some of the very upper echelon donors have no clue. I can also tell you that there are those who like to play the importance card who say they know, but they don't.

Putting "solid contributor" in quotes is being sarcastic. Yes, it's taking a shot.
Uhm not at all? I was asking your definition of that statement, holy dramatic. If you define it as playing in half the games and 5-8mpg, that is much different than say playing in every game and 15mpg...that’s why I asked. I wasn’t going to say I felt you were wrong with your knowing what you meant by that statement, good lord.

I don’t think he contributed much this year and definitely wouldn’t next year. He really doesn’t do much that helps us to be honest. He can’t dribble, doesn’t rebound, and really don’t play defense much. So idk how he would be a solid contributor next year, I’ll have to disagree with you

I would bet on Johnson as well. Not a loss in my opinion
Idk he’s really turned a corner this year. Became a pretty good defender and shooter. Probably would get lost in the shuffle next year but as a back up option you could be worse off.

JJ wont hardly see the court next year with TN adding Bailey, Springer, and Keon to the guard/small forward position.

Probably doesn’t have the height our staff is looking for, but EJ Anosike (brother of Nicky), will be a graduate transfer. Played for Sacred Heart, last year 16ppg 12rpg, as a sophomore 14ppg 8rpg...only 6’6” 245lbs though.

Probably doesn’t have the height our staff is looking for, but EJ Anosike (brother of Nicky), will be a graduate transfer. Played for Sacred Heart, last year 16ppg 12rpg, as a sophomore 14ppg 8rpg...only 6’6” 245lbs though.

Sounds like exactly what we need. A wide body who rebounds. I'd take that in the post all day vs a 6'9 guy who is 210 pounds and gets shoved around and can't rebound.

VN Store

Back