Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Interesting note: the signees are 3 of our top 10 247 recruits of all-time and 2 of our top 5.

Tennessee All Time Basketball Recruits

Assuming JJJ stays next season, we will have 4 of our top 10 all-time recruits on one team.
I wish someone would go back and look at our top classes based on actual production. That list would look a lot different. Some of those top classes yielded minimal results. Factor in points, rebounds, assists and maybe give credit for overall success of the program during this time period. I would guess the Grant, Williams, Bowden, Fulky class would be close to the top.

Like everyone else, I’m excited that CRB is starting to work his recruiting magic here. My only concern is we aren’t landing any size.

That’s my concern with this year’s team, too.

I saw someone post the other day a website that listed all of the players eligible for grad transfer next year, could someone give me that link? Thanks!

Like everyone else, I’m excited that CRB is starting to work his recruiting magic here. My only concern is we aren’t landing any size.

That’s my concern with this year’s team, too.
Next year you’ll have Uros, Fulk, ON, Pember and maybe Kent. My thoughts are that Barnes is not done. He’ll see who steps up this year and then will either go after a grad transfer or sign someone in the spring. It’s interesting that Cardwell didn’t sign early anywhere.

#6 on (Corey) Evans Seven: Teams that landed building blocks for the future
Tennessee is not only succeeding with under-the-radar talent, but it also now has blue-chip recruits that should raise the ceiling of the program even further. A strong class was needed this fall with the graduations of Lamonte Turner and Jordan Bowden, two preseason all-SEC guards, along with the potential departure of Josiah James after his freshman year. The Vols delivered in a big way in the form of three top 35 prospects. Corey Walker brings a versatile skill set to the front court. Jaden Springer possesses tremendous size in the backcourt, and he can play both guard positions, and Keon Johnson may be one of the most dynamic, athletic guards in all of America. Together, the group is a win for Rick Barnes and his staff, which should lead to plenty of Ws.

So...with Kent likely gone and us having at least 4 spots in the spring (with only 3 signed).

We going to try and add a 2020 name? Or hold the line and see if some of the other upperclassmen decide to leave? (Jalen & Fulkerson both can grad transfer...Pons could enter the draft)

Reactions: sport3500
So...with Kent likely gone and us having at least 4 spots in the spring (with only 3 signed).

We going to try and add a 2020 name? Or hold the line and see if some of the other upperclassmen decide to leave? (Jalen & Fulkerson both can grad transfer...Pons could enter the draft)

Pons is not entering the draft. I'll be the first to admit that he has VASTLY improved this off-season, but he is not going to get drafted with how stout this class is this year. He'll be back next year. Let's not get too crazy here. Right now, the only player on our roster other than Josiah that has a shot at being drafted next year is Bowden in the late 2nd round.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup

I'd bet that Santiago Vescovi has already committed, but it would be tacky and bad PR to announce it concurrently with Kent departing. I trust Barnes to keep things classy and proper.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I wish someone would go back and look at our top classes based on actual production. That list would look a lot different. Some of those top classes yielded minimal results. Factor in points, rebounds, assists and maybe give credit for overall success of the program during this time period. I would guess the Grant, Williams, Bowden, Fulky class would be close to the top.

2016 was without a doubt our best class based on production. Jalen Johnson & Jordan Bone were also in that class of 6 guys. Grant & Bowden in the 1k points club, Bone was just 79 points short. Parker the only "miss" as he transferred out.

2010 was stellar as well, even though Tobias left after just a single season. That class also had Trae Golden & Jordan McRae.
2006 would be up there too with the production from Ramar Smith, Wayne Chism, Duke Crews, Josh Tabb.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Pons is not entering the draft. I'll be the first to admit that he has VASTLY improved this off-season, but he is not going to get drafted with how stout this class is this year. He'll be back next year. Let's not get too crazy here. Right now, the only player on our roster other than Josiah that has a shot at being drafted next year is Bowden in the late 2nd round.

Yeah and Grant was coming back this season too, and everyone thought Bone was just "testing the waters" like Admiral had the year before.

The thing that has me wondering about Pons is that he's from France, he could very well graduate early and decide to go play pro ball over there easily if an NBA team doesn't snag him.

Paolo Banchero
Kennedy Chandler
Harrison Ingram
Dallan Coleman
Carter Whitt
Zion Harmon
Frank Anselem

Edit: I forgot Frank Anselem
Need a SG in that class. Aside from Coleman, what's happened w Randy Brady? He left Tennessee and is now at Mchearn in Atlanta. 3rd high school in 3 years

Yeah and Grant was coming back this season too, and everyone thought Bone was just "testing the waters" like Admiral had the year before.

The thing that has me wondering about Pons is that he's from France, he could very well graduate early and decide to go play pro ball over there easily if an NBA team doesn't snag him.

Grant was never coming back. People wanted to believe he would, but he was always going to go pro. And he made the right choice. But just three weeks ago, before the season even started, people on this board were discussing about whether or not Pons would be able to have any sort of productivity on the offensive end this year. Now all of a sudden he's leaving for the NBA draft? Unlikely. I don't think you realize just how stout this draft class is this year. There is a reason Grant Williams left while he did. He would have been a 2nd rounder in 2020. No one was talking about Yves Pons and the NBA in late October of this year.

And to your point on Pons leaving for France, that's also crazy talk. If there is any chance of Pons making it to the NBA he'd be much better off sticking it out in school with Barnes just one more season, rather than uprooting his life and moving back to France. Much better exposure in college basketball, too.

chatter has been that we will over sign by 1. With the kids leaving for whatever case at a high rate that's been the word

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

VN Store

Back