Tennessee Vols artificial turf from 1993

I’ve got the same exact piece (end zone) without the certificate unfortunately. I’d sell it substantially lower than his.
I’m not sure if this site allows for PM’s.

I’ve got the same exact piece (end zone) without the certificate unfortunately. I’d sell it substantially lower than his.
I’m not sure if this site allows for PM’s.
most on here just post thier email and then delete it after use

Reactions: vols692003
Doug's Rug. Vince Dooley threw a fit about it. Tried every way (SEC) he could
to get it declared illegal. Emptied his pipe on it. Peyton was a huge advocate
of it being taken up. Price wise - I'd say its worth whatever it means to you.

never getting that much -- Ive never seen any sell for over 450 -- watch Ebay someone will post one during football season
I bought the endzone piece when they first came out. It has the COA on the back of it. It is still there. I doubt it will bring very much until UT football gets back on the national scene. I have mine in my basement and will hang on to it until they return to prominence. They better hurry I am in my 8th decade and time is growing short. LOL.

I have one. My Dad gave it to me, which makes it actually priceless.

I inherited my non-endzone piece with the certificate when my dad passed several years back, so I'm right there with you. Never really thought it would have any $$ value, but it's still a cool piece of history.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Seems like the description is somewhat fraudulent. The TartanTurf was installed before the 1968 season. This piece was only used during the 1989-1993 seasons but the description asserts that it was used since 1968.

I don’t know if it is an actual four corners piece or if it was simply painted to give that appearance. Perhaps that is the difference between this higher priced item with the certificate of authenticity and the $50 items. There aren’t that many real “4 corner” checkerboard pieces.

VN Store

Back