Tennessee UConn Pregame Report

Thank you, I read every word, statistic, comparison, and prediction. Although it was done by a UConn fan, I thought it was well done and informative, not obnoxious or arrogant.

It was nice to see that our own Coach Kellie played on a Tennessee team that beat UConn 1of 2 games in both 1996 and 1997, and also in the only game played between the two teams, in 1998 and 1999. So she’s used to beating Uconn. 🙂

The UConn fan did say this:

This will be an intense game from beginning to end and the outcome could depend on which team handles the situation better. No matter how many times Geno downplays the game, everyone knows, including the players, that this is still a big game.

I hope Tennessee pulls off the upset up in Connecticut. GO LADY VOLS!

Thank you, I read every word, statistic, comparison, and prediction. Although it was done by a UConn fan, I thought it was well done and informative, not obnoxious or arrogant.

It was nice to see that our own Coach Kellie played on a Tennessee team that beat UConn 1of 2 games in both 1996 and 1997, and also in the only game played between the two teams, in 1998 and 1999. So she’s used to beating Uconn. 🙂

The UConn fan did say this:

This will be an intense game from beginning to end and the outcome could depend on which team handles the situation better. No matter how many times Geno downplays the game, everyone knows, including the players, that this is still a big game.

I hope Tennessee pulls off the upset up in Connecticut. GO LADY VOLS!
Definitely thought he/she was arrogant, but it’s to be expected. Go Vols!

Reactions: Coach Jumper
I wasn't sure it was a good idea to post this here. This is a Pregame report by a UConn fan with a UConn slant. Found this on Facebook.

But there is a lot of statistical information that might be interesting.

Pregame Report

These numbers tell me they are:
A little better shooting team.
Little better defensive team.
Are a little better handling the ball.
Little better at the free throw line.
Score a little better.
Having watched both, I think they are a little faster of foot and a little stronger of body,
I also think we a a little longer.

Which leads me to believe they are a little better team.

But lets play the game and see!! Go Ladies!!!

These numbers tell me they are:
A little better shooting team.
Little better defensive team.
Are a little better handling the ball.
Little better at the free throw line.
Score a little better.
Having watched both, I think they are a little faster of foot and a little stronger of body,
I also think we a a little longer.

Which leads me to believe they are a little better team.

But lets play the game and see!! Go Ladies!!!
You left off the difference in the schedules. It puts the numbers in perspective.

Reactions: mcannon1
A couple things about the analysis...it stated of UT’s 15 wins the best RPI was 125 but looking at the chart provided, UGA’s RPI is listed at 67, so mistake there. Maybe it was 125 when we played? Doesn’t really matter I guess. Secondly, it uses the recent Alabama game for much of its critiques which I believe all lady vol fans would admit it’s likely one of our worst performances if not THE worst of the season. If we’re picking the worst, let’s just compare the 2 teams based on each’s worst performance of the season and see where we stack up. And lastly, I’m tired of hearing about the SOS. Nothing can be done about it. It’s what CHW left us with and CKH has stated on numerous occasions she will address it as best as she can going forward (I’m sure a lot of the next couple year’s schedules have been made already). If you compare just US this year to our similarly horrible schedule last year, we are improved in many many categories I’m betting (and no, I haven’t taken the time to look these up myself...going by what others have posted here on the boards). Let’s play the game and see what happens. We may surprise everyone or we may get shown that we have a long ways to go. Either way, I’m excited about our future!

> A couple things about the analysis...it stated of UT’s 15 wins the best RPI was 125 but looking at the chart provided, UGA’s RPI is listed at 67, so mistake there. Maybe it was 125 when we played?

No, RPI can't change that much in that short a time, so I'm sure it was overlooked.

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
EO5xuaSXkAAdMD1

Springfield, Mass

A couple things about the analysis...it stated of UT’s 15 wins the best RPI was 125 but looking at the chart provided, UGA’s RPI is listed at 67, so mistake there. Maybe it was 125 when we played? Doesn’t really matter I guess. Secondly, it uses the recent Alabama game for much of its critiques which I believe all lady vol fans would admit it’s likely one of our worst performances if not THE worst of the season. If we’re picking the worst, let’s just compare the 2 teams based on each’s worst performance of the season and see where we stack up. And lastly, I’m tired of hearing about the SOS. Nothing can be done about it. It’s what CHW left us with and CKH has stated on numerous occasions she will address it as best as she can going forward (I’m sure a lot of the next couple year’s schedules have been made already). If you compare just US this year to our similarly horrible schedule last year, we are improved in many many categories I’m betting (and no, I haven’t taken the time to look these up myself...going by what others have posted here on the boards). Let’s play the game and see what happens. We may surprise everyone or we may get shown that we have a long ways to go. Either way, I’m excited about our future!
looks like Georgia was overlooked. True about using the Alabama game. I would say that maybe the ETSU game to open the season was worse. Or maybe the 27 point Stanford loss was worse. I do believe the writer said that he watched hours of Tennessee games. Not sure I believe him/her.

looks like Georgia was overlooked. True about using the Alabama game. I would say that maybe the ETSU game to open the season was worse. Or maybe the 27 point Stanford loss was worse. I do believe the writer said that he watched hours of Tennessee games. Not sure I believe him/her.

it's not out of the realm...I watched the game against ALA twice,,,that's about 5 hours

VN Store

Back