Tennessee Transfer Prospects List

Not sure Kellie is going to load the roster. Unless we have another transfer, she has 13 now with incoming freshmen. She has eyes on potential '22 & '23 classes & may be making sure she has spots available. If a transfer is brought in, I am thinking it'll only be one.

Not sure Kellie is going to load the roster. Unless we have another transfer, she has 13 now with incoming freshmen. She has eyes on potential '22 & '23 classes & may be making sure she has spots available. If a transfer is brought in, I am thinking it'll only be one.

Here’s the big question... does she have convos to make room? I am sure she realizes she has to upgrade but does she stay loyal or does she get some of these players out.

Here’s the big question... does she have convos to make room? I am sure she realizes she has to upgrade but does she stay loyal or does she get some of these players out.
This is exactly the question because we have a few players that are not quite up to SEC level. The playing time they will see is minimal JMO. We could really use a grad transfer point guard like Lewis does nothing to hurt the 2022 or 2023 classes. We'll certainly have our answer in the coming three months or sooner.

Coach should get someone who can play PG and safeguard the basketball.... also she should sit her players on the bench, those who cannot hold onto the ball....

@Vols2015

It would be cool if someone could summarize portal updates/news by editing in one of the first few posts of this thread. Kind of like the recruiting update threads for football. It's getting hard to keep up, especially with rabbit trail posts.

@Vols2015

It would be cool if someone could summarize portal updates/news by editing in one of the first few posts of this thread. Kind of like the recruiting update threads for football. It's getting hard to keep up, especially with rabbit trail posts.
Until we know who we are even going after, I don’t think that would be feasible. I added a few I would like in my initial post, but nothing set in stone.

Not that they were exactly viewed as Tennessee transfer prospects, but the Hayes trio is rumored to be heading to Mississippi State. If McCray can’t win some more games with Annie, Rickea, and Jessika she doesn’t deserve to be coaching in the SEC.

Not that they were exactly viewed as Tennessee transfer prospects, but the Hayes trio is rumored to be heading to Mississippi State. If McCray can’t win some more games with Annie, Rickea, and Jessika she doesn’t deserve to be coaching in the SEC.
She gets those three with Jackson and Carter staying she has about as strong a roster as she did with the ones who left. Also she has the transfer from Tulane who is a tremendous player see if she can coach them to success.

some are saying Kellie might not even take a transfer lol hilarious how the hell are we gonna replace Rennia Davis production none of our freshmen will be able to do it unless their names are Paige Bueckers and Caitlin Clark. If we go into the season with the roster we have now we will lose A LOT of games I dont trust Rae to carry a team like Rennia does.

some are saying Kellie might not even take a transfer lol hilarious how the hell are we gonna replace Rennia Davis production none of our freshmen will be able to do it unless their names are Paige Bueckers and Caitlin Clark. If we go into the season with the roster we have now we will lose A LOT of games I dont trust Rae to carry a team like Rennia does.
Source > Of some ?

Some posters think that the 4 freshmen will come in and be instant contributors, but I'm with you. I don't think Rae is good enough to be the centerpiece of the team, and I suspect that the freshmen will struggle next year and will not be reliable/consistent options.

They need an experienced and efficient scorer on the wing to take the pressure off Rae. Preferably a PG that can run the offense and knows when to call her own # , and a stretch 4 that can rebound. There are too many good players in the portal that fit one of these profiles to pass over because Kellie has Emily Saunders or Jessie Rennie.

That's going to be a coaching nightmare situation. Myah Taylor is the most consistent player on MSST, and she's going to be on the court on the opening tip whether the Hayes family like it or not. Nikki has recruited like 100 guards and no posts, so everyone on the team will be a sub-5'10 guard, with only Jackson, Carter and Project Kohl being over 6'0.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Some posters think that the 4 freshmen will come in and be instant contributors, but I'm with you. I don't think Rae is good enough to be the centerpiece of the team, and I suspect that the freshmen will struggle next year and will not be reliable/consistent options.

They need an experienced and efficient scorer on the wing to take the pressure off Rae. Preferably a PG that can run the offense and knows when to call her own # , and a stretch 4 that can rebound. There are too many good players in the portal that fit one of these profiles to pass over because Kellie has Emily Saunders or Jessie Rennie.
Yikes you actually said their names and yes your right about what we need. We could do it with better numbers. I don't think were going to be allowed to go over 15. We have two that would make four.

Reactions: Amb3096

I need Jessie to do us a favor.....

She gets those three with Jackson and Carter staying she has about as strong a roster as she did with the ones who left. Also she has the transfer from Tulane who is a tremendous player see if she can coach them to success.

None of the Hayes are good enough. I would be very disappointed if they were coming to TN. They might do ok at Vandy, but not an SEC contender.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back