Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

Something I have noticed while going back through the film, our off ball screens are very weak. They're close to ghost screens. Need our big men to be more solid on their screens.
I think that the bigs will be improved ... over time, there is a 'knack' to setting a screen that relates to timing. Screens are not just about the person setting them ... it is just as much about the person running around the screen.

Reactions: walkenvol
I think that the bigs will be improved ... over time, there is a 'knack' to setting a screen that relates to timing. Screens are not just about the person setting them ... it is just as much about the person running around the screen.
Very true. However, from the videos, it doesn't seem to me that it’s the guards fault.

Reactions: SN-A-C Orange
Pretty sure that’s common for student athletes and there are some policies in place that allow them to pursue pro level sports while maintaining academic eligibility for a period of time.
I’m sure they could simply withdraw from their classes and resume full time student life in the summer. Could be wrong and there may be rules against this, but I doubt anyone with an ounce intelligence themselves or in those around them would simply stop going to classes and take all “F’s”. Before someone says that happens frequently, I’m aware, please see “intelligence”.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
I live very close to Huntington and am quite familiar with Taylor, also being from Kentucky (he went to Corbin HS in Corbin, KY).

He's been an impact player at Marshall from day 1. Career 14.6 ppg, 5 rpg, and 4.1 apg. Shoots it well from deep and is a good defender on the ball at the CUSA level (now Sun Belt).

He would remind many of a right-handed Vescovi. He's not as dominant-hand reliant as Santi, and has a MUCH quicker release on his shot. He also drives the ball much more often than SV, but they shoot at a similar rate from outside and have a lot of the same qualities as all-around players with very similar size. Both are better off the ball and coming off of pick-and-roll situations to use their crafty passing or get up an uncontested shot. Taylor is probably quicker and a better ball-handler.

My guess is that he may have been a contingency plan to Vescovi not coming back if the rumor is true that we offered him some amount of NIL money. When Santi decided to return, Taylor became a redundant player who doesn't have that level of familiarity with our system, players, or coaches. Really good player who won't likely average 20 ppg at the SEC level, though at Ole Miss, he could become more of a volume shooter due to a lack of options.
Are we allowed to offer him NIL money when he wasn’t even in the portal? That was the only weird thing I saw

I’m sure they could simply withdraw from their classes and resume full time student life in the summer. Could be wrong and there may be rules against this, but I doubt anyone with an ounce intelligence themselves or in those around them would simply stop going to classes and take all “F’s”. Before someone says that happens frequently, I’m aware, please see “intelligence”.

The withdrawal deadlines are really late in the semester now, almost at the end. They used to be much earlier.

Reactions: berryvol
Are we allowed to offer him NIL money when he wasn’t even in the portal? That was the only weird thing I saw
Technically, no...not directly, anyhow. To be fair, "we" (Tennessee) aren't allowed to offer him anything to induce him to come to Tennessee. That is still a violation, as is contacting him prior to entering the portal. However, Spyre can contact him at any time, gauge interest in a potential NIL deal that would require him to be in Knoxville to fulfill his obligations to obtain payment for services rendered.

Agree. Mashack’s control is greatly improved, but when he doesn’t pull up, the outcomes get weird. He gets trapped with no passing option, which started to draw a double most of the time.
That was JMs best effort at a position that he was unprepared to play...so he made 'rookie' mistakes. But I'll bet he is better prepared to play the PG position this fall.

VN Store

Back