Tennessee to wear orange pants vs. UK

tobybeast

I do not care what they wear as long as they beat ever loving crap out of Kentucky! My goodness they could come out wearing 80's aerobics garb with Richard Simmons as long as they win!!!

Gotcha, sorry for misunderstanding.

Nike is big on stripes matching, which is why they had the single stripe with the checkerboard on the helmet and the pants. So if UT wants a double stripe on the pants, Nike will want them to have a double stripe on the helmet.
That doesn't even make sense. And can't we say.....um....no?

Also if Nike is big on stripes matching then they need to get to work on the men's basketball uniforms. Right now we have a vastly superior home uniform and a road uniform that looks nothing like it; and a fanbase that wants an orange version of the home uniforms.

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
Nike doesn’t seem to grasp the simple fact that pants afford a much larger artistic “canvas” than helmets. Unless we go back to the old pencil-thin stripes, one stripe on the helmet looks best. Two evenly spaced stripes of equal width on pants, which is what we used to wear in the heyday of orange britches, also works very well.

livefaith

Man, I was busy yesterday and missed out on this thread.
Them orange britches gotta mean something, cause Trey says so. We won the game right?
Bring on the orange britches! Wgwtfa!! 🍊
Me: Britches? Who in the world calls pants britches any more? Gaaaah.

Other guy: Well, #73 calls em' Orange Britches.

Me:. Oh, #73 does? Yessir, them's definitely orange britches.

therealitytheory

We have a lock on the stormtrooper look because less than 5% of Power 5 schools have white helmets. The all-white trimmed out in pms151 orange is the best looking away-jersey combo in CFB - bar none, nobody else comes close.

But go on - wear your fancy orange silkies. Whatevs.

We have a lock on the stormtrooper look because less than 5% of Power 5 schools have white helmets. The all-white trimmed out in pms151 orange is the best looking away-jersey combo in CFB - bar none, nobody else comes close.

But go on - wear your fancy orange silkies. Whatevs.
Yes and we have worn that like 99% of the time for away games since 1993. It doesn’t hurt to change it up for 1 road game a year; I mean if you’re going to own orange pants, use them.

The vast majority want the standard home uniform to be orange over white and the standard road uniform to be white over white; but a good chunk of us also want to see one all orange home game and one white over orange road game a year too.

lukeneyland

Just read on the internet that we're wearing orange pants tonight. If it's true I think it will be the first time we've worn white jerseys with orange pants with no striping at all. Hope the extra bit of orange triggers some PTSD in cats fans

I like Orange britches. I just wish we had a better than lackluster win record when wearing them in the modern era. Of course as always I petition for checkerboard britches to give us a unique identity.

VN Store

Sponsors