Tennessee the biggest loser in the transfer portal

OD, we need to introduce you to the concept of "enriching others" as well, it seems.

Why on earth would you link an article written by a series called Alabama Football? I mean, why on earth?

There's a world of football reporting out there. No need to go scum diving among the likes of Bama, Georgia, Florida, or Vandy.

Auburn will have lost more talent.
Additionally, its still too early. Must wait to see who actually leaves each team and who they get.

How long is the portal open for?
Someone may have a more definitive answer than me but my understanding is that players can transfer in even as late as this summer.

I think the article is accurate as we stand today but there are still a lot of quality players in the portal and UT has open slots.

Can't wait to see how the 'does more with less narrative' pans out. Even with the portal losses, its not like we will be throwing a bunch of freshmen onto the field. If Crouch and Henry T. leave, we all said Banks needed a year to be fully acclimated inside, and last year was that year, so he's going to be a beast at LB. And what'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Ok, so maybe Aaron Willis is a freshmen who could be on the field, but he's a good one. There's still talent on the roster, and lets be real, Henry T. and Crouch did not go to the next level last year, like with all anticipated. We lost bodies in the portal, so lets see if Heupel can replace those bodies with players that fit his system, we might be better off in the long run. Gotta wait and see.

OD, we need to introduce you to the concept of "enriching others" as well, it seems.

Why on earth would you link an article written by a series called Alabama Football? I mean, why on earth?

There's a world of football reporting out there. No need to go scum diving among the likes of Bama, Georgia, Florida, or Vandy.
Maybe, to see how long it would take to bash this writer?😂😂

Reactions: albedo33
I choose to look at reality. We lost several of our best players (Granted, some may not have been eligible next year).

Yeah well my "reality" says that those best players got us to 3-7 last season. I'm not crying over it. Besides, the portal opens both ways. We will replace those guys with players that Huepel wants and we'll be better for it.

Last edited:
Alabama Football: Transfer Portal biggest winners and one huge loser
Is this a Bama writer? Must be. Ba humbug! I think it won’t hurt us like he thinks. I know it’s sad that a lot has transferred, but we’ve to be patient and let Heupel and the coaches work.
That's right, we only lost the kind of talent that goes to tiny schools like *checks notes* Oklahoma.

People who don't think we're going to struggle are going to be in for a rude surprise. We played like we did last year despite having standout talent that is recognized by our competitors. We could very well do better this fall than last year but it won't be because the team has more talent.

Can't wait to see how the 'does more with less narrative' pans out. Even with the portal losses, its not like we will be throwing a bunch of freshmen onto the field. If Crouch and Henry T. leave, we all said Banks needed a year to be fully acclimated inside, and last year was that year, so he's going to be a beast at LB. And what'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? Ok, so maybe Aaron Willis is a freshmen who could be on the field, but he's a good one. There's still talent on the roster, and lets be real, Henry T. and Crouch did not go to the next level last year, like with all anticipated. We lost bodies in the portal, so lets see if Heupel can replace those bodies with players that fit his system, we might be better off in the long run. Gotta wait and see.
I think we have a coach and a staff that’s is going to be able to develop a lot better than we think. Heupel’s system will be able to do that. He went out and got coaches to fit his system, and they all seem to be on the same page together. How long has it been since we’ve had continuity? I’m ready to see some spring practices to tell us which way we will be going.

That's right, we only lost the kind of talent that goes to tiny schools like *checks notes* Oklahoma.

People who don't think we're going to struggle are going to be in for a rude surprise. We played like we did last year despite having standout talent that is recognized by our competitors. We could very well do better this fall than last year but it won't be because the team has more talent.
I agree with you, and I’m just looking at the development that this coach can do. I look at UCF, and his players wasn’t push overs in the 2020 season. They played everyone tough. His players played hard in every game. That is a difference that I think we will see. His players seem to play hard for him.

Reactions: Volfanjohnny2005

VN Store

Back