Tennessee the 7th best job in the SEC (16th nationally)

The one thing I didn’t know was Tennessee is 10th, Georgia is 11th and LSU is 12th nationally. Although the Vols are only one win from tying USC for ninth. If something doesn’t change Georgia will pass both of them in a few seasons.

All the more reason to be very disappointed with the results of the past 10+ years. This latest phase is destroying a lot of our historical accomplishments and legacy.

I do agree with you but every team has down years and it is usually 10 to 12 seasons. Penn State went down early 2000’s and stayed down and honestly still not back fully. USC has had some down years. Look at Alabama from the Bear to Gene Stallings they weren’t great and then from Stallings to Saban they weren’t good and some years had bad years. All three teams are above the Vols in wins. It happens to everyone. It’s time now though they swing out of it and go back to 10 plus wins a year winning East titles, SEC titles and then Natty champs.

Alot can and will change. 10-15 years ago Clemson was **** to mediocre like us with a much more favourable schedule. We'll never daway as long as our fan support stays strong

An SEC East title is relevant? With single digit regular season wins? I disagree. When’s the last time people talk about Tennessee as legitimate nations title contenders in a November? 2001.
Winning the East Division which leads you to the SECCG and a chance (1 game away from winning the SEC championship) to win an SEC Championship.....yes, that makes you relevant imo.

Winning the East Division which leads you to the SECCG and a chance (1 game away from winning the SEC championship) to win an SEC Championship.....yes, that makes you relevant imo.

Awfully low standards for being nationally relevant.

Hey have you seen our win, loss record for the last 10+ years. I would love to get into sec champion game, even if we lost 35-0. It would be a big step up. Walk before you run. Unfortunately we are a long ways from that level.

Plus 10-3 with a fantastic performance in the title game gives you a straight-faced argument for inclusion in the final four, provided the SEC continues to maintain its reputation as king of the hill, which it ought to.

I'd switch Florida & Georgia, A&M & LSU, and Tennessee & Auburn. Aside from that, I'd say the in-conference order looks about right.

Georgia doesn’t have to contend with a Miami or FSU caliber program in-state. The UGA job is no worse than UF or Bama imo.

It’s crazy to think they haven’t won a national title since 1980.

Georgia doesn’t have to contend with a Miami or FSU caliber program in-state. The UGA job is no worse than UF or Bama imo.

This all day. It's a damn shame really (one that I'm completely ok with however).

I agree with the top 4. I think an argument can be made for TN to be at #5, but so could A&M. Only one I find kind of crazy to be ranked below is Auburn, but you can't argue with their track record. They've simply been the better program than UT for a good while now.
No way we are 5

With the talent they are laying in, I'm afraid it is just a matter of time. And as someone who has recently moved to GA, and will bet here another 12 months or so, I pray it isn't before I can gtfo.

Hey have you seen our win, loss record for the last 10+ years. I would love to get into sec champion game, even if we lost 35-0. It would be a big step up. Walk before you run. Unfortunately we are a long ways from that level.
He's a Michigan fan anyway ;)

Typically, if you’re playing for the SEC championship, you’re one 1 win away from playing for a national title as a Final 4 playoff team. Back in 2007, had we won the SECCG, and been 10-3, don’t think we’d played in the title game, but we’d have been playing in one of the top/most prestigious New Year’s Day bowl games.

Typically, if you’re playing for the SEC championship, you’re one 1 win away from playing for a national title as a Final 4 playoff team. Back in 2007, had we won the SECCG, and been 10-3, don’t think we’d played in the title game, but we’d have been playing in one of the top/most prestigious New Year’s Day bowl games.

I don’t buy 9-3, two absolute blowouts, and losing in the conference title game really that relevant.

Either way my point still stands, we haven’t been in serious national title contender conversation since December of 2001

I don’t buy 9-3, two absolute blowouts, and losing in the conference title game really that relevant.

Either way my point still stands, we haven’t been in serious national title contender conversation since December of 2007
Fyp

We’d been in NOLA versus Hawaii I think. At that particular point and time UGA was playing the best football of anyone . They were running through people if I remember correctly. That’s the year we crushed their skulls and in the blink of an eye it was 28-0.

I think the Vols are currently third behind Bama and LSU.

Tennessee is still a better job than UGA.

A&M is strong. Texas talent.

Florida is outside the top-20. Best high school athletes in the country, but Gainesville is turrible.

Auburn is about right on that list; maybe in the high teens.

Looks like a list of teams with current winning history and not about what some coaches vision. Living close to Nashville and the rising amenities Vanderbilt at 65 is a joke. Just zero pressure to win and beautiful campus. That list is the highest pressure to lowest.

VN Store

Back