Tennessee Tech

May be a 50+ pt win. Hopefully more minutes for the reserves at end of bench.
Barnes sure likes to leave his starters in. I would like to see more mixing in the young guys. Putting 4 guys in at once that have been sitting all game isn’t doing anything for them.

Reactions: LandonVFL
Barnes sure likes to leave his starters in. I would like to see more mixing in the young guys. Putting 4 guys in at once that have been sitting all game isn’t doing anything for them.
I’m sure the fact they’ve missed a bunch of time contributes a bit to that

It’s pretty much an 8 man rotation with an opening for more help in the paint. EJ only played 13.5 minutes while Nkamhoua played 10.5 and Uros/Pember played 6 a piece. The first 7 really don’t need to be on the floor once the game is well in hand. Better to preserve them than include them in the audition.

It’s pretty much an 8 man rotation with an opening for more help in the paint. EJ only played 13.5 minutes while Nkamhoua played 10.5 and Uros/Pember played 6 a piece. The first 7 really don’t need to be on the floor once the game is well in hand. Better to preserve them than include them in the audition.
I guess he was trying to get the relevant players more work with all the lost practice time but Tech was so bad that I'm not sure there was any benefit to it.

Maybe Barnes should consult with you
It’s a fact that Barnes has NOT performed in the post season like you’d expect. His teams have run out of gas. Playing defense at this level requires depth. Beating TTU by 50 or 35 won’t make any difference come March. That’s ultimately the gauge by which this team will be measured.

It’s a fact that Barnes has NOT performed in the post season like you’d expect. His teams have run out of gas. Playing defense at this level requires depth. Beating TTU by 50 or 35 won’t make any difference come March. That’s ultimately the gauge by which this team will be measured.
I actually agree with this generally. I’m not worried about it right now because there are pretty large breaks between games, but hopefully when we have some laughers later in the year he can let some of our reserves play a bit more than usual

It actually won’t. It’s obvious by the contract and the fan base what he does in the postseason doesn’t matter much.

VN Store

Back