Tennessee spring practice updates 4.9.19

If Gibbs is eligible Ansley is the best thing that happened for him.

And if he plays both ways... look out.
He’s definitely gonna be good somewhere, DB or WR, I think it’ll prove to be a great get for Pruitt, hope he gets eligible for 2019.

Also, and this is just my humble opinion, but I cringe when I hear people talk about players playing on both sides of the ball. I want him, or any other talented player, to get as much time as possible to perfect his craft at one position and be great......and I want our program to get to the point where we have so much talent at each position, so much depth that the idea of wanting to play any player both ways never crosses anybody’s mind.

I’ll also add that Swain said this morning, after seeing him play WR this spring, that he believes he could really benefit from a year of development if he’s gonna stick at WR, as opposed to probably being able to step in quickly and help out our defensive secondary if he plays DB/the Star position.

I don't recall Jauan Jennings taking a direct snap in a game. My memory is certainly slipping but, I seem to recall thinking last year(an maybe the year before) I would question why on a direct snap/wildcat call we never threw the ball and JJ was not involved in the play. It made no sense to me to snap the ball to someone who either could not or would not be able to pass the ball.

I'm I wrong with my memory?

Don't feel alone. I was thinking the same thing. Now be concerned about the company you keep! 😮

Guess you missed the crossing route vs Auburn. Everytime he got a chance the kid made a play.
You mean that 1 catch for 7 yards? Omg, how could I have forgotten that....or the other 7 catches for 73 yards he had last year. He was killing it, can’t believe I could’ve forgotten ALL that production. My bad.

And here I was legitimately and sincerely being excited over Jordan showing some burst and potential with the 59 yard run and 38 yard catch. Again, my bad.

Wish we'd bring back these practice pants for gamedays. Now our plain gameday pants look like practice pants.
Not sure uniform tweaks are going to make the team any better to watch. Im still bummed the switch to Nike didnt land 100 5*s and an NC by now..

Reactions: VolinMC
You mean that 1 catch for 7 yards? Omg, how could I have forgotten that....or the other 7 catches for 73 yards he had last year. He was killing it, can’t believe I could’ve forgotten ALL that production. My bad.

And here I was legitimately and sincerely being excited over Jordan showing some burst and potential with the 59 yard run and 38 yard catch. Again, my bad.
Remember Auburn was a fluke. Throttle down those horses chief.

He’s definitely gonna be good somewhere, DB or WR, I think it’ll prove to be a great get for Pruitt, hope he gets eligible for 2019.

Also, and this is just my humble opinion, but I cringe when I hear people talk about players playing on both sides of the ball. I want him, or any other talented player, to get as much time as possible to perfect his craft at one position and be great......and I want our program to get to the point where we have so much talent at each position, so much depth that the idea of wanting to play any player both ways never crosses anybody’s mind.

I’ll also add that Swain said this morning, after seeing him play WR this spring, that he believes he could really benefit from a year of development if he’s gonna stick at WR, as opposed to probably being able to step in quickly and help out our defensive secondary if he plays DB/the Star position.

It’s really just my hope that he’s good enough to play both sides. Carter being the last guy to do it I just want a kid that demands the headlines every Saturday. Your right though perfect his craft and they won’t have any choice.

UK was probably a more complete game.

Auburn....we had more big plays, on both sides of the ball. we didn't really do anything consistently great against auburn, except convert on huge 3rd downs....and make big, huge, exciting, game changing plays.........which was awesome.

Question . . . What has happened to the Peterson kid, LB, that was a late enrollee last Fall? Is he hurt? I haven't seen his name appear in any of the recent practice write-ups or mentioned during press conferences . . . maybe I missed something?

GBO

Question . . . What has happened to the Peterson kid, LB, that was a late enrollee last Fall? Is he hurt? I haven't seen his name appear in any of the recent practice write-ups or mentioned during press conferences . . . maybe I missed something?

GBO

JJ Peterson ?

UK was probably a more complete game.

Auburn....we had more big plays, on both sides of the ball. we didn't really do anything consistently great against auburn, except convert on huge 3rd downs....and make big, huge, exciting, game changing plays.........which was awesome.
But I still can't give Kentucky credit for a quality win

But I still can't give Kentucky credit for a quality win
that's fine, understandable. but one of the worst teams of our lifetime, wiped the floor with the best team they've had in 40 years.

and we've gone 4-2 against 'em in bball.

beating UK is fun all around.

Reactions: gnm53108 and Behr
that's fine, understandable. but one of the worst teams of our lifetime, wiped the floor with the best team they've had in 40 years.

and we've gone 4-2 against 'em in bball.

beating UK is fun all around.
Shortly after I moved to this area in 1980, I attended a UK basketball game in Lexington with a guy that I worked with. At a bar the night before the game, when I was carded, I was actually physically threatened because of the Knoxville address on my driver's license. So I agree with you beating them in anything is fun.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Well, he just re-upped Barnes and hired Harper for the Lady Vols. Been a full weekend/week already, think the man deserves a little downtime watching practice if that’s what he wants to do.
He needs to allow the guys he paid big money to coach do their job and get out of the way.

Is Cheney can goose JG to the extent that he goosed Peterson at Pitt, then he might be a Heisman Contender by the mid-year.
Whoa whoa whoa there partner. Lets just try and get more than 12 TD's in a season out of the guy first!

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

VN Store

Back