Tennessee spring practice updates 4.9.19

Reactions: VolNExile
So you are saying the AD shouldn't be allowed to watch a practice?

Prolly not in the contract. Seeing Phil on the sideline now and then is ok by me, as long as he is there to support the staff and players as the AD. Might be good for moral.

Is Gibbs going to play DB since WR is not a position we are struggling with depth at?

It appears that's the case. From the info I've gathered, he's switched to DB and has shined at the position. I wouldn't be surprised if he was heavily involved at CB in the beginning of the season or starting at nickel, possibly even add a little weight and snag a starting safety position. Idk, but all indications point toward him having a significant role in our defensive backfield this year, as long as he's eligible.

Prolly not in the contract. Seeing Phil on the sideline now and then is ok by me, as long as he is there to support the staff and players as the AD. Might be good for moral.
To be honest, I hope he shows up in some manner in every sport for which he is responsible. Actually watching the coaches perform in person should be a requirement. Not get directly involved, but monitor the activity.

To be honest, I hope he shows up in some manner in every sport for which he is responsible. Actually watching the coaches perform in person should be a requirement. Not get directly involved, but monitor the activity.
we got a slap on the wrist last year because he got directly involved. I bet he learned his lesson, don't blame him for it being a hard lesson to learn though.

we got a slap on the wrist last year because he got directly involved. I bet he learned his lesson, don't blame him for it being a hard lesson to learn though.
You are right. There is a difference between observation and participation. I was talking all sports, not just the one he is best known for. I expect him to show up at the track, the indoor court, outdoor courts, links, pitch and anywhere else one of UT's sports are on.

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back