Tennessee Softball 2023

Yes she hit a home run but couldn't hold her arm up rounding the bases. She did have 14 at bats but never made out of Mid February. It would be a joke if she was not able to get a medical redshirt. But, this is the NCAA we are talking about.

It's a hard rule, no interpretation necessary. She played in less than 20% of the games in the first half of the season due to injury. Automatic redshirt.

A recent story in the Knoxville News-Sentinel said the network for Saturday's game is TBA and that a game would be played on Sunday if necessary.
I talked with the UT Ticket Office and they confirmed what the News-Sentinel stated in their story. If there is a necessary game three it will be on Sunday. Digital tickets would be sent out for that game. Time and network to be announced.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not to go backwards, but they did. Her name is Karlyn Pickens. The replacing is done by someone on staff stepping up to a bigger role next year to help PG and KP.
I’m assuming they are going after best available in the portal for a pitcher. To many unknowns with the staff other than PG.

Reactions: William_77
Are you adding White into the starting mix next season?
Heading into her SR doesn’t she needs to be? We didn’t take her as a transfer to sit. I’m not advocating for any of them except we have 5 on staff if things stay the same. If 1-2 leave which is possible then exhaust all options.

she has fielded very well all year -- I wonder if she was instructed to not go get everything for some reason
I when back and watched the last inning since I was in the stands. She had no chance of fielding the ball up the middle nor any of the ground ball singles. She may be tall but she is not stretch Armstrong. She did strikeout Kerns. She did give up some bouncing singles. The wild pitch was the worst. She did get out of the inning. Will that lead to a start I don't think so. If we make it to the WCWs those are crazy games due to weather (putting the final in Tornado Alley in the spring is a whole other issue) she may have to pitch some innings.

Heading into her SR doesn’t she needs to be? We didn’t take her as a transfer to sit. I’m not advocating for any of them except we have 5 on staff if things stay the same. If 1-2 leave which is possible then exhaust all options.
I will admit I would like to add one quality no pipe dream pitcher. If an Ace wants to come come on down. Staff has some advantages when Payton was struggling Pickens was hot.

I will admit I would like to add one quality no pipe dream pitcher. If an Ace wants to come come on down. Staff has some advantages when Payton was struggling Pickens was hot.
Don’t disagree. Just we are in a better spot than most teams out there with KP and PG to believe we have to fall to the unknown of the portal.

By the way that was a great battle with Kerns. In the stands we couldn't believe she was fouling some of those pitches.
If Kerns would like to join our team next year we would take her. :) That team would have beat Bama easily out scoring them in my opinion probably Louisville too.

The portal is already getting hot and it would be nice to get a LHP if possible. Everyone on staff has a role and an upside so it’s not desperate. I know last summer White stayed and worked very hard, and right at the end of the 2022 season I thought she had it going, but this year hasn’t been the best for her. She was a pretty highly ranked recruit and I’ve always thought she had good stuff so I hope she can get everything straightened out.

By the way that was a great battle with Kerns. In the stands we couldn't believe she was fouling some of those pitches.
If Kerns would like to join our team next year we would take her. :) That team would have beat Bama easily out scoring them in my opinion probably Louisville too.
Kerns is a heck of a softball player and I believe she's only a freshman. She is an excellent second baseman in the field, also. Yea, if she wants to join our team that would be fine. And yes, Indiana would definitely have beaten Alabama. Too bad they weren't in their regional. We should have had Notre Dame instead of Indiana.

VN Store

Back