Tennessee Softball 2023

I would not call her elite but White really progressed last year when they began to trust her more. She was getting people out and her confidence grew hopefully that continues this year.
I remember watching her in one of the Auburn games last season and being decently impressed. Hopefully she can get some time because I do think she has the stuff once she deals with the mental side/control issues.

It is just my perspective that she was more affected by the coaches opinions than competition with other players. Where is Simpson at these days? Not sold on her stuff at all but maybe she will take a jump.
White of all will have to make the most of the innings given. She can't have a inning like she did with I believe TN Tech, where she came in and got pulled in the same inning. Simpson, I haven't heard much from, she has to get away from big bulk innings of runs which has been her Achilles since travel. If she can do that and eat an inning here and there she'll be ok. I wouldn't expect much time with what she has in front of her. Same for Charli.

Last edited:
Tennessee is under ranked with the pitching staff and position players they are starting the season with. Florida has NO pitching and Alabama has only 1 pitcher and a huge lack of position players due to mass exiting last year. If Ashley stays healthy they have a good chance on conference champs and a spot at the WCWS. Preseason nationally ranked #12 was a little low if you asked me. Definitely on paper Preseason top 10. If the Lady Vols can beat Texas, Northwestern in the first weekend and Clemson in the third weekend before conference play starts they should be sitting pretty good heading into conference play.

Preseason SEC Rankings:
  1. Florida
  2. Arkansas
  3. Alabama
  4. Georgia
  5. Tennessee
  6. LSU
  7. Kentucky
  8. Auburn
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Missouri
  11. Mississippi State
  12. Texas A&M
  13. South Carolina
SEC Preview: Gators, Hogs Ready to Battle for Supremacy

Tennessee is under ranked with the pitching staff and position players they are starting the season with. Florida has NO pitching and Alabama has only 1 pitcher and a huge lack of position players due to mass exiting last year. If Ashley stays healthy they have a good chance on conference champs and a spot at the WCWS. Preseason nationally ranked #12 was a little low if you asked me. Definitely on paper Preseason top 10. If the Lady Vols can beat Texas, Northwestern in the first weekend and Clemson in the third weekend before conference play starts they should be sitting pretty good heading into conference play.

Preseason SEC Rankings:
  1. Florida
  2. Arkansas
  3. Alabama
  4. Georgia
  5. Tennessee
  6. LSU
  7. Kentucky
  8. Auburn
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Missouri
  11. Mississippi State
  12. Texas A&M
  13. South Carolina
SEC Preview: Gators, Hogs Ready to Battle for Supremacy
Tennessee hasn’t shown they deserve better at this point. I don’t disagree on the talent. I think #12 is a respectable spot with how we’ve played the last few seasons.

Last edited:
I think 12 is about right based on recent history, would rather be 12 and prove it’s too low and I think this team can. I think Florida is actually going to be pretty good, Delbrey (15 wins) and Hightower ((17 wins) are back along with position players Wallace, Echols, Roe, Goelz, and Falby. We have them in Knoxville in April and hopefully we can take the series.

I thought Fouts at AL had graduated but see she has not, darn it. AL-FL always seem to have an elite pitcher and another one lined up to take over when one leaves. I know Ashley can be elite when healthy. Would be nice if LV's could get in that situation of having the next one in the pipe line.

I thought Fouts at AL had graduated but see she has not, darn it. AL-FL always seem to have an elite pitcher and another one lined up to take over when one leaves. I know Ashley can be elite when healthy. Would be nice if LV's could get in that situation of having the next one in the pipe line.
I guess fouts and shipman are covid year

I know Ashley and Fouts and Shipman etc. are using their Covid 5th year. But someone correct me if I’m wrong, Covid hit the 2020 season and Kiki was a freshman on that team, so isn’t her class the last of the Covid classes? If so, please come back next year Kiki!!! I think she can be an AA this year and if she comes back, a potential POY candidate.

Tennessee hasn’t shown they deserve better at this point. I don’t disagree on the talent. I think #12 is a respectable spot with how we’ve played the last few seasons.

Agree. Too often we haven't hit in big spots and in big games in recent years. It's been a problem. Until we show we can hit consistently,
and hit against better teams and better pitching, we are where we should be.

Bulls**t. Last year, The Lady Vols were picked by the coaches in a preseason poll to finish 4th. You said they were wrong. I asked you to give us your predictions and you picked them to finish 7th. They finished the regular season in 3rd place. You were proven wrong.

And I'm picking them 5th this year. 50/50 to make it to a Super Regional. They continually underachieve due to coaching. They are at best an 18 to 20 national team.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
And I'm picking them 5th this year. 50/50 to make it to a Super Regional. They continually underachieve due to coaching. They are at best an 18 to 20 national team.
I actually agree with you about the coaching.

Agree. Too often we haven't hit in big spots and in big games in recent years. It's been a problem. Until we show we can hit consistently,
and hit against better teams and better pitching, we are where we should be.
I think it's less about the types of players we recruit, but the decisions that Karen decides to make in games. I really hope that she makes significant changes in terms of who starts, how long does she let pitchers go, who she brings off the bench, things like that.

I think it's less about the types of players we recruit, but the decisions that Karen decides to make in games. I really hope that she makes significant changes in terms of who starts, how long does she let pitchers go, who she brings off the bench, things like that.
Along with this I will be very interested in player development that has happened since last season. I am expecting players like Gibson, West. Beautae, and pitchers like West to have progressed and gotten better. Hoping Puni and Gibson have reached another level as hitters.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back