⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

Don’t encourage “The Rant”. 😉

HA: I didn't pick up on it, Mad--but, yes, the new lockerroom looks great and happy to see the Power T featured prominently. I won't rant (again) about the LV logo, but it really should be retired, and probably would have been long ago were it not associated with Summitt. I wish I could see a spring game but don't think it's going to happen.

Here's some video of our '24 commit, forward Reese Mattern, who plays for Richmond United in the ECNL and Western Albemarle High School
in Virginia. Talented young player---excellent speed and she seems to have a strong right leg--some impressive shots here from distance into the
upper half of the goal. Players who can can shoot and score from distance are valuable.

soccer prospect reese mattern - Google Search

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I *am* curious whose decision it was to go with the Vols theme instead of Lady Vols, but if the soccer team decided they didn't want to be known as the Lady Vols, then that's their right I guess. I do hope it was left up to the players to decide.

I have to admit it makes me sad. But then, it's not MY locker room and not MY jersey!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I *am* curious whose decision it was to go with the Vols theme instead of Lady Vols, but if the soccer team decided they didn't want to be known as the Lady Vols, then that's their right I guess. I do hope it was left up to the players to decide.

I have to admit it makes me sad. But then, it's not MY locker room and not MY jersey!
Still seems to be some cross over based on some of the practice tees and hoodies.

Reactions: MAD
Wonder if Simmonds will be representing Jamaica in the World Cup this summer?

I forgot about this: I think Simmonds will make the Jamaican roster and be at the World Cup. That seems probable, and it means she will be with the national team until early August. I think Jamaica's last group stage match is August 2. It is very unlikely that Jamaica will qualify for the knockout stage, so she and the team probably will be heading home just after that. I'm not sure when our August training camp starts--maybe around August 10--so she should be back in time, though might miss a couple of days, depending.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back