⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

Fusco is an interesting player--a very good player. She was on the SEC All Freshman Team and rated as one of the best freshman in the country--we had three in that category. At 5'9", she is tall and lanky for a midfielder, but otherwise doesn't necessarily wow you with her physical attributes. In the first several games of last season, the freshman from Ohio--played on the same club team with Huff--was one of our first first-half substitutes, and what was immediately noticeable is how more dynamic and threatening our attack became after she entered the game. It was uncanny. I couldn't tell you exactly why; the coaches, who watch practice and tape, surely could. They obviously saw the same thing and it wasn't long before Fusco became a starter.

What is evident is that she's quite competitive and tough-minded, has good ball skills--and beyond that my sense is that she's a player who reads the game very well and, because of that, is exceptionally good at getting into advantageous positions on the field. That is a skill/instinct that some players do not have. She's very good at finding space where she can receive a pass and then dribble forward into an attacking area. She did that constantly in our win over Texas A&M last year--best player on the field. She scored a big goal against Washington St. (good program) in the NCAA tourney.

Fusco had 47 shots last year and got just more than half on frame, which is good, but only scored four goals to go with 5 assists. She will want to convert more of her chances this year, and I think she will. She's someone who can get open and can score--had an impressive left-footed, first-touch strike for a goal against Florida--and she's most definitely got more goals in her. Entering her second year she's already a key player for the Vols.

Fusco is an interesting player--a very good player. She was on the SEC All Freshman Team and rated as one of the best freshman in the country--we had three in that category. At 5'9", she is tall and lanky for a midfielder, but otherwise doesn't necessarily wow you with her physical attributes. In the first several games of last season, the freshman from Ohio--played on the same club team with Huff--was one of our first first-half substitutes, and what was immediately noticeable is how more dynamic and threatening our attack became after she entered the game. It was uncanny. I couldn't tell you exactly why; the coaches, who watch practice and tape, surely could. They obviously saw the same thing and it wasn't long before Fusco became a starter.

What is evident is that she's quite competitive and tough-minded, has good ball skills--and beyond that my sense is that she's a player who reads the game very well and, because of that, is exceptionally good at getting into advantageous positions on the field. That is a skill/instinct that some players do not have. She's very good at finding space where she can receive a pass and then dribble forward into an attacking area. She did that constantly in our win over Texas A&M last year--best player on the field. She scored a big goal against Washington St. (good program) in the NCAA tourney.

Fusco had 47 shots last year and got just more than half on frame, which is good, but only scored four goals to go with 5 assists. She will want to convert more of her chances this year, and I think she will. She's someone who can get open and can score--had an impressive left-footed, first-touch strike for a goal against Florida--and she's most definitely got more goals in her. Entering her second year she's already a key player for the Vols.
Excellent insight on Jordan Fusco, thanks for sharing.

Tennessee updated the 2022 schedule.
Now University of Dayton at Regal on August 13 is listed as an exhibition match.

1B99A628-5ADA-4DB0-835B-18573E8DE435.jpeg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Congrats to VFL Hannah Tillett, so happy for her.

Used Google to translate -English from Icelandic.

Hannah Tillett in KR
The KR women's soccer team has agreed with the American player Hannah L. Tillett to play with the team for the rest of the season.

Hannah, who is 22 years old plays in the middle, comes from Tennessee and has played college football with the University of Tennessee with a good reputation in recent years. This summer, she played with Chattanooga Red Wolves SC, which participated for the first time this summer in a newly established amateur league in the United States. This league is designed as a bridge for players from college football to the professional league and/or for players who want to play in the preseason.

Hannah is a really exciting player, who will strengthen the team in the fight ahead.

We warmly welcome Hannah to the KR family.

5DA6C6BD-D5FF-4666-9570-060D97321F2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow--excited to see Tillett get this opportunity to play professionally. Congratulations to her--and best of luck.

Speaking of Vols in the pros, I haven't followed Angel City too closely lately, but assume Cousins still hasn't gotten in a game. If she continues to sit on the bench, she and her agent probably will be seeking another opportunity for her after this season. Maybe the team will loan her out to another team. Or the club could simply not offer her new contract when the current one expires. I don't know what her contract term is, but I'm sure it's no longer than 2 years and it could very well be just 1.

As for Vignola, her situation could hinge on two factors: The first would be how the coaches evaluated her and her potential before her injury; and then the second would be her health and whether she's going to recover from her hip injury and get on the field anytime soon.

Good luck to all!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Congrats to VFL Rhian Wilkinson, coach of Portland Thorns. She has her team top of the league in her very first year at the helm.

Top 50 NCAA women’s soccer programs of the past 5 years

SoccerWire has provided an updated edition of the highest-ranked women’s college soccer programs in the United States.

With the 2022 NCAA soccer season quickly approaching, we take a look below at the best 50 programs in NCAA women’s soccer over the past 5 full seasons (not including 2020’s abbreviated “Covid” results) , based on their average position in the end-of-season rankings.

56CD949C-68DF-4166-B6BF-04B0DA2870D7.jpeg234DA76B-7338-493D-9275-5C6FB09D838C.jpeg22C603D5-B66A-4D83-A5AF-0001A88DAC42.jpegDC121A8E-C49C-41FB-80A5-F64D68D9662F.jpegFA74CB8C-B379-4427-9A52-38B163793592.jpeg0BE71C04-9679-4DD4-9FC3-106F8C80FFA4.jpeg

Reactions: turbovol
Top 50 NCAA women’s soccer programs of the past 5 years

SoccerWire has provided an updated edition of the highest-ranked women’s college soccer programs in the United States.

With the 2022 NCAA soccer season quickly approaching, we take a look below at the best 50 programs in NCAA women’s soccer over the past 5 full seasons (not including 2020’s abbreviated “Covid” results) , based on their average position in the end-of-season rankings.

View attachment 476413View attachment 476414View attachment 476415View attachment 476416View attachment 476417View attachment 476418

Thank you for posting. My youngest daughter has offers to 2 of the top 5 on that list, and 3 of the top 13.

Thank you for posting. My youngest daughter has offers to 2 of the top 5 on that list, and 3 of the top 13.

So no offer--yet--from Tennessee? If what you say is true, it sounds like the Vols should be recruiting your daughter. Do you have a connection to Tennessee? I'm wondering how you came to find this site. The Vols beat 5 rpt 5 of the top 21 teams on that list last year.

So no offer--yet--from Tennessee? If what you say is true, it sounds like the Vols should be recruiting your daughter. Do you have a connection to Tennessee? I'm wondering how you came to find this site. The Vols beat 5 rpt 5 of the top 21 teams on that list last year.

No offer from Tennessee. Regarding how I found this site, both mom and I are graduates from Tennessee and both grew up in Knoxville, so I have been on here a couple of years following Vols news since we no longer live there.

That is a strong schedule.
Yeah, Turbo pointed out that it is the 3rd most difficult non-conference schedule in the country.

Chris Henderson
@chris_awk

·
33m

All SEC schedules posted. Non-Conference Schedule Ranking (out of 270)
3 - Tennessee
5 - South Carolina
6 - LSU
7 - Florida
12 - Auburn
17 - Georgia
35 - Texas A&M
44 - Vanderbilt
47 - Arkansas
72 - Ole Miss
95 - Alabama
104 - Missouri
150 - Kentucky
159 - Mississippi State

No offer from Tennessee. Regarding how I found this site, both mom and I are graduates from Tennessee and both grew up in Knoxville, so I have been on here a couple of years following Vols news since we no longer live there.

Interesting. Does your daughter play for an ECNL club--and if so, may I ask which state? The recruiting side is interesting--and crucial--and of course coaches evaluate individual players differently. The Vols have recruited well the last few years, and it is showing on the field. We had three of the best freshman in the country last year, and that is rare.

The other interesting side is trying to get players into a field position that is right for them--and the team. The coaches last year moved a player who had played outside back for the better part of two years to defensive midfield. The also took a forward who was not playing much at all and moved her to centerback. Those two moves and the addition of the three freshman transformed the team. Defensive midfield is exactly where the former outside back should be playing--and she was a huge player for the Vols last year after being a barely fair outside back. The erstwhile forward became not only a starting centerback but a very good one in her first year, because she's good with the ball, has size and athleticism and is very poised.

Sadly, the opposite can also happen. Years earlier UT recruited a pair of sisters from Virginia, who were a year apart in age. Both were midfielders on a good ECNL team--the younger sister significantly more highly rated than her sister. It was clear--to me, anyway--that the younger sister was strictly a midfielder--based on her size, level of athleticism, ball skills, etc. Yet she never played midfield for the Vols. Unfortunately for her, we had a veteran midfield during the younger sister's first two years. The coaches tried her briefly at forward--wasn't going to work and didn't. She did play some decent minutes at outside back--but that didn't really work either, as she simply did not have the size, pace, etc. that one needs to be a good D1 outside back. It was noticeable in a couple of games that Pensky was frustrated with her play at outside back, and one certainly got the sense that the player wasn't entirely happy, either--and, yea, she transferred out after two years--a midfielder who never got to play her natural position. Meanwhile, after she left, her older sister did get quite a bit of playing time in the midfield, but was never more than an average major-college player. The promise and the peril of major-college athletics.

Last edited:
I saw where one of FSU's starters last year, midfielder Kristina Lynch, transferred to Notre Dame. Notre Dame took 5 transfers--including a four-year starter at GK from Northwestern. The Irish should have a good team. Notre Dame has apparently sold naming rights to its coach. In every Notre Dame soccer story, the coach is not just Women's Head Coach Nate Norman, it's "Doug and Lisa Jones Family women's head soccer coach Nate Norman." I get that program contributors are invaluable--but that's both a mouthful and rather comical. I wonder if the TV/streaming broadcasters have to use that title as well?

Speaking of FSU, I think there are at least 4 players who started for FSU last year--and could have returned and played again this year---but aren't. One or two transferred, the Chinese girl I think turned pro, and I'm not sure about the other. Might have been 5 who are gone. It may not be an easy year for Pensky in his new job. I think I read that three of the team's back four starters are gone.

I saw where one of FSU's starters last year, midfielder Kristina Lynch, transferred to Notre Dame. Notre Dame took 5 transfers--including a four-year starter at GK from Northwestern. The Irish should have a good team. Notre Dame has apparently sold naming rights to its coach. In every Notre Dame soccer story, the coach is not just Women's Head Coach Nate Norman, it's "Doug and Lisa Jones Family women's head soccer coach Nate Norman." I get that program contributors are invaluable--but that's both a mouthful and rather comical. I wonder if the TV/streaming broadcasters have to use that title as well?

Speaking of FSU, I think there are at least 4 players who started for FSU last year--and could have returned and played again this year---but aren't. One or two transferred, the Chinese girl I think turned pro, and I'm not sure about the other. Might have been 5 who are gone. It may not be an easy year for Pensky in his new job. I think I read that three of the team's back four starters are gone.
Some new incoming recruits too.
Olivia Smith signed with FSU but changed to PSU. She plays for the U20 Canada team.
McKenzie Smith also signed with FSU switched to West Virginia. Goalkeeper

VN Store

Back