⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

The player reaction to the Kirt announcement was nice to see. That said, White's comments were completely silly--he didn't cast a wide net or examine several candidates, not in four days--and I was expecting something a bit more inspirational from the new coach himself. He's been fortuitously handed a massive opportunity for a coach with his rather thin coaching CV--and let's hope he can make the most of it.
The fear of a mass player exodus to FSU was the main motivator for the decision to promote Kirt, IMO. There’s a ton of talent on this team and they want to keep as much of it together as possible.

Do you know if Jonathan Morgan will stay on staff or follow Pensky to FSU?

He has already agreed to stay. FSU could make him a big offer, but keeping him in the fold was a priority and it's a not a great time for his family to make a move right now.

Reactions: MAD
The player reaction to the Kirt announcement was nice to see. That said, White's comments were completely silly--he didn't cast a wide net or examine several candidates, not in four days--and I was expecting something a bit more inspirational from the new coach himself. He's been fortuitously handed a massive opportunity for a coach with his rather thin coaching CV--and let's hope he can make the most of it.

I would vigorously disagree with this part of your post.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
This has to be great for women’s soccer and for the future of these Tennessee players that continue on to the next level.

EDF937BA-8CD6-4B74-9FCE-CB7524F9D357.jpeg

Congratulations to Head Coach Rhian Wilkinson.
Portland Thorns were victorious in their opening game of the season.
Not a bad way to start your career for the VFL.

AFF1455B-6A98-4EB1-8421-453D8C871394.jpeg

New Soccer Coached named
Every AD worth his salt has a list for every sport

Reactions: Bret178
New Soccer Coached named

Every AD worth his salt has a list for every sport
After seeing your history of negative posts and just recently a couple of positive ones, my guess is your beef was strictly with Pensky.

WATCH: Joe Kirt Formally Introduced as Head Coach of Tennessee Soccer

Joe Kirt will be formally introduced as head coach of Tennessee Soccer during a press conference Monday at 10:30 a.m. ET.

Kirt, who has been a member of the Lady Vols' coaching staff since 2007, was promoted to head coach on Friday, April 29. During his 15 seasons on Rocky Top, Kirt has helped guide the Lady Vols to two SEC Tournament championships, two SEC Eastern Division championships and seven NCAA Tournament appearances. As an assistant at Tennessee, Kirt played vital roles in goalkeeper development, technical and functional development for field players as well as constructing and implementing the program's game model.

VN Store

Back