⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

If I remember the Kelly story right it was during Dave Hart's time no fan of women and she over played her hand. Went to him tell him Texas had made her an offer and expected him to give her a raise. The story goes he shook her hand and congratulated her on her new job which she really had no plans on taking leaving her speechless. And that was that.

Honestly given the state of the LV program at the time, I was surprised Texas wanted her, and she shouldn't have expected a raise, but Dave Hart was just a turd of epic proportions. The only reason he wasn't the worst ever UTAD is because Mike Hamilton exists.

I thought this was interesting. So FSU is in the final, waiting to play either Santa Clara or BYU. The final is Sunday, but if BYU wins tonight, they have to move the final to Monday for religious reasons. Apparently they have a no play on Sunday rule. FSU fans are not happy because they purchased airline tickets, booked hotels and took time off work to travel across the country. It’s not easy to just change everything. This has never happened that BYU made the finals. I imagine FSU is hoping Santa Clara wins tonight.

How do they pick where the final four is played? Santa Clara won it last year and are playing at home. Is it a bid process anyone know? Byu looks pretty good so far. These games you better have your big girl pants on it is physical. Showed BYU led the nation with most fouls per game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2 and MAD
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
BYU was the deserved winner of this second semifinal. After a wild, up-and-down the field first half, which amazingly ended with no goals despite some good opportunities by both teams, BYU dominated the ball and play in the 2nd half. Even so, Santa Clara was dogged in defense and neither team could score. It was a very competitive match, as one would expect in a national semi. BYU is a quick, athletic team--a nimble group that's fun to watch. I saw them beat a very good UVA team in the 2nd round. For pure entertainment value, West Coast Conference teams might be the best: Lots of action, typically.

Can BYU beat the big dog--FSU? I hope so. They've got a team that could give FSU problems--but they'll of course need to score against a team that rarely gives up a goal. Should be interesting.

With 13 goals during the 2021 season, Jaida Thomas lands in a tie at No. 3 all-time in single-season records and has already cracked the Top 10 in career goals at UT with 25 through two seasons on Rocky Top.

C17163E1-9B8E-4AE2-95BD-5ED55158C0AF.jpeg

Honestly given the state of the LV program at the time, I was surprised Texas wanted her, and she shouldn't have expected a raise, but Dave Hart was just a turd of epic proportions. The only reason he wasn't the worst ever UTAD is because Mike Hamilton exists.
As easy as it is to hate Hart, he did give us Rick Barnes. Even John Currie got us Tony Vitello. The title of worst UTAD ever has to go to Fulmer, whether we like it or not.

Reactions: MAD
As easy as it is to hate Hart, he did give us Rick Barnes. Even John Currie got us Tony Vitello. The title of worst UTAD ever has to go to Fulmer, whether we like it or not.

Barnes fell into his lap. People seem to forget he got fired from Texas. It’s not like we stole him away.

And yes, Fulmer was a bad AD, even though at the time I really wanted the hire. But the one thing he was hired to do (get a FB coach) was an epic fail on his part. We will see how KJH plays out. But there is no way he was worse than Hamilton.

As for Currie, not only did he want Schiano, but he botched Leech and the guy from Purdue. But his hire of Vitello has saved him from being worse than Hart. Vitello has already turned out to be a better hire than Barnes, who is a good coach but not worth the salary he makes.

Reactions: StrangeVol and MAD
Watching the semifinals if we want to reach the highest level we have to get more physical. That ref in the byu game was no blood or broken bones no foul for the most part.

Reactions: MAD
Barnes is a good coach and he's brought a ton of credibility to our BB program. We recruit better than we've EVER recruited. We get 5 stars: This program never got 5 stars. We wouldn't have Chandler without Barnes.

Reactions: Nickid1975 and MAD
Barnes is a good coach and he's brought a ton of credibility to our BB program. We recruit better than we've EVER recruited. We get 5 stars: This program never got 5 stars. We wouldn't have Chandler without Barnes.

We got some five stars under Bruce Pearl. And results matter more than recruiting rankings, anyway.

Is Barnes a good coach? Yes, without a doubt. But he is the 5th-highest paid coach in the country.

Uhhh…his football hire got fired for cause for major NCAA violations

So did Bruce Pearl, who was hired under Hamilton, who also hired Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley.

Donnie Tyndall got fired because of NCAA violations, too. And he was hired by Hart, who also hired Cuonzo Martin, who is a horrible coach.

In terms of the poster you’re replying to trying to make a martyr out of Fulmer (which they do for every coach), you’re correct.

So did Bruce Pearl, who was hired under Hamilton, who also hired Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley.

Donnie Tyndall got fired because of NCAA violations, too. And he was hired by Hart, who also hired Cuonzo Martin, who is a horrible coach.

In terms of the poster you’re replying to trying to make a martyr out of Fulmer (which they do for every coach), you’re correct.

Don’t know where the martyr stuff came from. Fulmer is a guy who spent pretty much his whole life in support of the university athletics program and deserves respect.

VN Store

Back