Tennessee Slowly Becoming The New Clemson

I've said it for years. Clemson has been the largest obstacle to UT getting back on top.
They've been getting our recruits for over a decade.
They capitalized on our misfortune.
It started with Tajh Boyd.
Trevor Lawrence, Tee Higgins and others have followed suit.
The wrong color of orange has been dominating college football along with Bama.
What we could have had is long gone.
What we might have is creeping up behind them.
Clemson is falling flat on their face, it's time for the real Big Orange to step up!

Last edited:
Our main primary areas of recruiting should focus on these areas:
metro Nashville
metro Atlanta
the Carolinas
Memphis
Orlando/central Florida
Swap Memphis for the I 75 corridor into the Ohio area and that’s a pretty good list.

We got a ton of great players up and down 75, in fact the most talented running back in UT history came from that corridor.

Reactions: MAD
metro Nashville
metro Atlanta
the Carolinas
Memphis
Orlando/central Florida
I would STRONGLY add Hampton Roads area of VA. UT has had a long tradition of landing great players from that area of The Commonwealth.

Reactions: Doberman and MAD
I appreciate the optimism, but let's slow down a little bit lol. They have won two national championships in the past 5 years. While they are struggling this year, I do not think they are entering the decline we have been enduring. I do think Clemson is a great example of how QB play can impact a program. This is the first year in a long time they do not have an ace taking the snaps (Boyd, Watson, Lawrence, etc.).
They won 2 and went 2 more NC games. And made the playoffs in the other year. They've basically been as good as Bama over the last 5 years.

Not yet, but Clemson has benefited from Tennessee’s missteps over the last 10 plus years.
In 2008 Fulmer and Bowden both left their programs.
Clemson hired interim coach Dabo Swinney while Tennessee is on their 5th coach.
Back in 2008 no one considered Clemson to be on the level of Tennessee.
Our misfortunes helped build their dynasty.
A lot of Tennessee’s best recruits went on to play for the orange and purple instead of The Big Orange.
It’s time to right the ship.
CJH has the Vols heading in the right direction while Clemson is unranked for the first time since 2014.

Whether Tennessee trades places with Clemson or not (time will tell), I think you make some great points about their relativity.

As Tennessee fans, we should always cheer against North Carolina, Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia. To a lesser extent, same applies to Virginia, Virginia Tech, and NC State. Why? Because Tennessee’s recruiting base consists of the states of Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The worse the schools in those territories are, the better chance of recruiting success for Tennessee.

Similarly, even if you don’t like Florida State and Miami, we should want them to be good to keep Florida in check recruiting-wise. Mullen is a crap recruiter and if those schools would get it together, they could really suffer.

metro Nashville
metro Atlanta
the Carolinas
Memphis
Orlando/central Florida

Add the Virginia/Maryland areas as well.

We’ve always Cherry-picked Florida like a lot of schools, but Heupel & his staff’s experience at UCF might open it up even more.

Reactions: igotworms and MAD
Not yet, but Clemson has benefited from Tennessee’s missteps over the last 10 plus years.
In 2008 Fulmer and Bowden both left their programs.
Clemson hired interim coach Dabo Swinney while Tennessee is on their 5th coach.
Back in 2008 no one considered Clemson to be on the level of Tennessee.
Our misfortunes helped build their dynasty.
A lot of Tennessee’s best recruits went on to play for the orange and purple instead of The Big Orange.
It’s time to right the ship.
CJH has the Vols heading in the right direction while Clemson is unranked for the first time since 2014.
Can you say irony? Tennessee's incompetence played as large a role as anything, in the rise of Clemson football success.

metro Nashville
metro Atlanta
the Carolinas
Memphis
Orlando/central Florida

UT's primary recruiting trail should be:

Any 4 or 5 star in TN first to keep guys in state!
Any 4 or 5 star in FL and GA second to take players from our SEC-E rivals!
Any 4 or 5 star in AL, LSU, KY, MS, NC, SC and VA to get some of the players going to our other rivals.
Any 4 or 5 star in CA and TX due to those two states having the most highly rated recruits in the country outside of FL and GA and ANYWHERE ELSE that has a guy that keeps his nose clean and the most potential to help UT win!!!

Reactions: MAD and Vfl2407
Clemson benefited from everyone except Alabama being bad in the 2010s. Now that Georgia/Florida are starting to turn it around (hopefully we do too), it’s not so easy to get all the best recruits from the south.

I don’t know if they’ll be able to replicate their success this decade.

Clemson is still benefiting from a weak ACC...

Reactions: MAD and Volatility
I wouldn't know about that, a lot of pumpers just hate facts on here is all that's why I jokingly warned him

I know that. I'm quite ill, you see. I have Jokeritis. Batman has offered to help me more than once. How can he? The Bat is just as fooked up as I am.

VN Store

Back