Tennessee signs Summitt through 2014

UT should just go ahead and make it open ended.....Pat can stay til she's ready to call it quits!

If anyone in college sports has deserved a free lunch it is Pat. She's an awesome coach and teacher. She demands her girls to perform in the class room as well as the court. Many of her ex players probably don't appreciate her until they are older, just as kids don't appreciate parents til later in life.

I just emailed a really stupid radio host who thought it would be funny to refer to our coach as "Patrick Summitt" and "Mr. Summitt" while discussing her accomplishment. It was either Tom McManus or Terry Norvelle, both of whom air in Jacksonville, FL. Not sure if they are local or national. I just have that station on when I go for lunch. Only Tom's email is on the station's website, so I emailed him and gave the time I heard it. That is the kind of stupid comment that got Don Imus canned.

He basically just read a brief news release on Summitt's accomplishment before ending his show for the day but inserted Patrick and Mister.

I just emailed a really stupid radio host who thought it would be funny to refer to our coach as "Patrick Summitt" and "Mr. Summitt" while discussing her accomplishment. It was either Tom McManus or Terry Norvelle, both of whom air in Jacksonville, FL. Not sure if they are local or national. I just have that station on when I go for lunch. Only Tom's email is on the station's website, so I emailed him and gave the time I heard it. That is the kind of stupid comment that got Don Imus canned.

He basically just read a brief news release on Summitt's accomplishment before ending his show for the day but inserted Patrick and Mister.

It must have been Terry Norvelle who made the comments.

Tom McManus emailed me back. He was on the network's AM channel, while Norvelle was on FM, which is where the comments were made.

McManus said he has had Summitt for a guest before and also would never disrespect a woman like that.

As long as she wants to coach she has a contract. i have no doubt

She's reached Joe Paterno status several times over already. Pat can coach the Lady Vols until she dies if that's what she wants to do. Maybe she'll get to 2,000 and then hang it up. :rock:

VN Store

Back