Tennessee seeks 6th year of eligibility for Maggitt

NCAA hates us. He deserves another year but by their track record they will not determine if he is eligible for a 6th year until he is 34 yrs old.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel for the guy, but at this point, I think it's clear his body can't handle football. He should take his great attitude and move on with his life.

Reactions: 6 people
I feel for the guy, but at this point, I think it's clear his body can't handle football. He should take his great attitude and move on with his life.

Come on, he was healthy last year, and was fantastic. He had a freak injury that is entirely unrelated to anything else he's suffered while on campus. That's a bit silly.

Reactions: 16 people
I would go pro and try and make some money if I were him. He's had a lot of injuries over the years and who knows how many years he's got left so might as well get a good payday before his career is up. However I'm not him so here's to hoping he stays and gets granted a 6th year to help this team win football games

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
A blog written by a young sports reporter based entirely on a tweet by an older sports reporter based on a possibility being "explored" (means "talked about") by the coaching staff.

Mentioned this in another thread on the same topic (that thread was just based on the Hyams tweet directly):

...seems premature to ask NCAA for medical redshirt consideration on a guy who might be back in time for Alabama and the last six games of the year (coach said 6-10 weeks...Alabama is at the 6-week mark).

Reactions: 7 people
I would go pro and try and make some money if I were him He's had a lot of injuries over the years and who knows how many years he's got left so might as well get a good payday before his career is up. However I'm not him so here's to hoping he stays and gets granted a 6th year to help this team win football games

Will be very difficult to make a team. He would be an UFA and their chances are slim.

Report is premature. At this point, the goal is to rehab him and try to return this year, if only for a couple of games.

If that doesn't happen, then they will consider this option, if it's what Curt wants.

If he can't make it back for Bama then no reason burning his final year on our trash games

A part of the reason he gets hurt is because he plays like he's in a simmering rage. He's done it ever since he arrived at Tennessee as a freshman. Love his passion for the game.

Why don't you go run in to a 300lb man at full speed about 60-70 times and see how well your body handles it?

I would love to have him for another year, but I would think he would take this time to heal up and go into the nfl. Surely if healthy he would be drafted, right?

I am honestly shocked he even wants to go for a 6th year. I love it but I figured he would be putting all his foucus on the NFL now. I still firmly believe he could be a Pro Bowler one day.

I don't care if curt doesn't see the field or not id love to just have him in the locker room and sidelines for another year

Have really enjoyed watching him play and be a positive leader for this team the last few years. One of my favorite Vols!

VN Store

Back