Tennessee Rugby won the national title

where can I find a championship shirt ? Charlotte used to have a team called the Pterodactyls . Used to take my boys to watch rugby. “Rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen, while soccer is a game for gentlemen play by hooligans”
You got it backwards.

As a former vol, and now a rugger of the past 10 years, this is such a good thing for the smaller/ club level sports. Rugby is quickly growing in the USA and more and more athletes from HS level who may not be good enough for NCAA football or other sports can build the future of this sport in America. Always good to see the Vols win, no matter the sport or level!

Enjoy watching rugby while channel surfing but really don’t watch long enough to understand the rules. I just know the players are tough as hell.
Congratulations to this team.

Don't feel too bad. I actually played the game for 26 years, and I still don't know all the laws ( no rules, only laws). I knew the basics, but if I needed to do something, i.e., go for a loose ball, stop someone from scoring, etc., I just did it and hoped I didn't hear a whistle. I just recently found out my bread-and-butter defensive play is now considered illegal.

Tyler and Pledger 94 Rugby Vols would sit at the lap begging for the football player to cross them. They could hold their own on any 6 dudes! Fun times!!

We’ve been a rugby school for a long time. The Rugby team at UT has over 1,000 wins and has consistently been one of the top teams in the region and the country.

Reactions: MAD
Well, just because YOU and other pompous asses don't recognize it as a real one will not keep myself and others from being just as proud of these guys as we are of the other titles.
Cool. Go post it on the Tennessee rugby board

Throwback to the 1970 Tennessee Rugby Team

View attachment 421442

I'm getting old, and I'm sure I know more guys in this picture. The guy sitting with his legs crossed on the far right is a guy named Val Reich, aka The Iron Pig. I roomed with him in the early '80s, and he taught me everything I know about what it takes to be a winning rugby player.

Reactions: Golf freak and MAD
The Rugby teams has won 3 straight SEC titles and competing for a 2nd straight national title....does anyone know who I can email in the athletic department to get these guys recognized? They need to be trotted out to mid court at Thompson Bowling at least

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back