Tennessee remains #1 in both polls

bleedingTNorange

In both coaches and AP poll, and wasn’t really even that close. Tennessee received 30/32 votes in coaches poll after going 32/32 last week, received 40 first place AP Votes after getting 48 last week, Duke has half of that at 24.

I was wrong. I thought we'd fall. I happily admit and I relish hanging on to #1 spot. If we are still number 1 next week, I'm gonna be super happy.

I thought UVA would fall to 5 and UK would rise to 4. I wish that had happened.

In both coaches and AP poll, and wasn’t really even that close. Tennessee received 30/32 votes in coaches poll after going 32/32 last week, received 40 first place AP Votes after getting 48 last week, Duke has half of that at 24.
We did fall to #2 in the coveted ESPN power rankings. Per ESPN Duke is better than us in every measure except for that pesky win-loss record. You know what all that means? Not a damn thing. We will see what’s up come March. I’d love to see Duke and our Vols lock up in the title game. A lot of ball left though so we shall see.

We did fall to #2 in the coveted ESPN power rankings. Per ESPN Duke is better than us in every measure except for that pesky win-loss record. You know what all that means? Not a damn thing. We will see what’s up come March. I’d love to see Duke and our Vols lock up in the title game. A lot of ball left though so we shall see.

I would rather someone else do the dirty work for us.

We did fall to #2 in the coveted ESPN power rankings. Per ESPN Duke is better than us in every measure except for that pesky win-loss record. You know what all that means?

That ESPN is wisely hyping teams who play for their business partner. (And I'm not saying the hype is or isn't warranted, just that they're continuing to sell their investment through articles and traffic).

Reactions: cardvolfan
I would rather someone else do the dirty work for us.
It’s certaibly possible. You never know how freshmen will perform in the tournament. This Duke team doesn’t rely on the 3 ball nearly as much as prior versions so I tend to believe that means they will do better come March but it only takes one bad game or one hot game by your opponent to be sent home. I love March Madness!

Reactions: cardvolfan
Apparently BVS is a real thing, everyone swore we were gonna drop to #2 or that it was 50/50...reality is it wasn’t even close, Vols still the #1 team in all the land and have a chance to really solidify that spot this week.
I was befuddled by anyone thinking we were dropping. Wasn't happening and didn't happen. We dropped in the ESPN Power Rankings, but that is one person's opinion. He had some valid points, but in the end, this will be decided on the court.

I don't get it.

At the end of the day its 100% irrelevant what a college basketball team is ranked on February 11th. I felt like a drop to #2 after 20+ consecutive wins could only be used as an extra chip, an extra motivation heading into Lexington. Not that that stuff ever is a major difference, but as a former college athlete I'd say it's a small factor at least!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I didn't think we would be dropped to 2 after winning 2 more by double digits. But, as it stands at this very moment, I might be convinced to put Duke at #1 simply b/c of more big wins. Pollsters know that THIS week is UT's watershed moment. If UT wins this week (and next) they'll have been right. If they lose, then Duke naturally ascends to #1 without controversy.
At the end of the day, this crap is not very meaningful outside of fan hype. But, heck, we're in the conversation, so our name and prog is being noted by every elite player on the map. Can't see that hurting our staff when they walk into the next AAU venue.

At the end of the day its 100% irrelevant what a college basketball team is ranked on February 11th. I felt like a drop to #2 after 20+ consecutive wins could only be used as an extra chip, an extra motivation heading into Lexington. Not that that stuff ever is a major difference, but as a former college athlete I'd say it's a small factor at least!
I respect what you're saying and value your opinion. Go Vols!

Apparently BVS is a real thing, everyone swore we were gonna drop to #2 or that it was 50/50...reality is it wasn’t even close, Vols still the #1 team in all the land and have a chance to really solidify that spot this week.
I can't recall a #1 ever dropping without losing a game, its probably happened but its uncommon for sure.

Tennessee didn't even move much in the poll's 6 in the ap, and 2 in the coaches........I think that should show everyone how much of a hold Tennessee had on first place......and there is still almost 20 points and then 30 separating Tennessee and Duke.

If we need anymore motivation to whip the Kitty’s arse in Rupp I don’t know what to say.

VN Store

Back