Tennessee ranked 338/353 in Defense 3 Point Percentage over their last 3 games

If Bruce wins this thing we're officially a cursed school.

After watching them vs UNC, I don't have any doubt about it. Taken along with the fact that every damned team we play has someone who becomes annointed from the 3pt line against us , the curse is real.

Last edited:
For a bit I think they let teams shoot 3s to protect the paint. Then when they started going out to stop them guys just seem to be on fire and would hit from NBA range over a defender.

This is a dumb stat. Why compare the Vols in 3 tournament games against 353 teams who the vast majority aren’t playing in the tournament? Where did this stat come from?

I didn’t know that we were in the sweet 353.

Oh wait.... only 16 teams were left. That’s a handpicked stat for your tears. 😭

Reactions: lynnh
All 3 teams were very good 3 pt shooting teams before they played Tennessee. And two of the teams (Colgate & Purdue) had kids go completely unconscious shooting. Frankly, the defense on both of those kids was pretty damn good, they just were unreal for a half both times.

Reactions: JohnD13
Iowa shot below their season average

The guy that went crazy, and he was well defended, hit 5 straight I think. He scored more points in that half than he had ever scored in an entire game in his career. This is the type thing UT runs up against all the time. There is no way he could have been guarded closer without fouling him. I don't even think he could see the basket on a couple of them.

Reactions: utvolkyle
You couldn't be more wrong. The curse of the tiki was real. It almost wiped out the entire Brady Bunch.
Okay, now we are really showing our age; and I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Cline hit 70% on 3's. He will never do that again and could not do it even if unguarded. You could put him in a gym right now by himself and he could not hit 7 out of ten threes. 70% is a free throw stat.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf

VN Store

Back