Tennessee Ranked #25

Who did they LOSE to?

They have the Memphis loss, but even the SEC acknowledged that the officials blew the call on a kick return TD during that game. Same thing happened when Peyton played Memphis.

When teams have similar records I look at their best wins to determine their ceiling rather than losses to determine their floor. Seems whoever did the rankings felt the same way.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So our losses are to #48 (who wasn’t playing like the #48 team at the time but whatever), #16, #6, #4, and #1 and our 3 best wins are over #s 26, 32, and 35. Minnesota lost to #5 and #23 and beat #21 and #22, who also are likely ranked that high due to poor schedules, and they’re ahead of us? I know they’re 8-4 and we’re 7-5 but the schedules aren’t remotely comparable. We have 8 games against the top 50 to their 4. Top 10 is 3-1. The funny thing is that the top 25 is 4-4 but that’s why statistics can be manipulated to say whatever you want as no one could objectively say our schedules are remotely even.

So our losses are to #48 (who wasn’t playing like the #48 team at the time but whatever), #16, #6, #4, and #1 and our 3 best wins are over #s 26, 32, and 35. Minnesota lost to #5 and #23 and beat #21 and #22, who also are likely ranked that high due to poor schedules, and they’re ahead of us? I know they’re 8-4 and we’re 7-5 but the schedules aren’t remotely comparable. We have 8 games against the top 50 to their 4. Top 10 is 3-1. The funny thing is that the top 25 is 4-4 but that’s why statistics can be manipulated to say whatever you want as no one could objectively say our schedules are remotely even.
Minnesota also lost to Bowling Green...

Give us some Minnesota. A team that lost to Bowling Green. Yes sir... That is a 8 win first year for Heupel. Fleck can row his sinking boat somewhere afterward.

Were they drunk when they put this together? They have Arky at 12 and Miss State at 18 in the overall but when you click on ranking within conference, they have Miss St at 4th in the SEC and Arky at 5?? And left 9-3 Ky off the overall list…….weird

Need to move past Florida before I’m ready for that declaration. To get close to Bama or Georgia will take a few years of recruiting and development but Florida is ripe for the picking next year. Heupel needs to beat them and cement himself as the guy we think he can be.
Exactly... Top 25 is crap until beat Georgia, Florida or, Bama. Not necessarily win but, the double digit losses to them has to quit

As I stated in a thread earlier this season, a 1 win improvement over 6 years and we would be 12-0 in year 6. Would VN be patient for 6 years?
7-5
8-4
9-3
10-2
11-1 (CFP PLAYOFFS)
12-0 NATTY
This is what it will take! Not an instant impatient fan base to be 12-0 in year 2!

I think everyone would be satisfied with improvement year end and year out.

However Tennessee hasn’t seen that in a long long time………..with this scenario……I’m not sure anyone has been “impatient.”

Tennessee won 3 games last year. More than a third of the team left. Saturday Tennessee had just 69 scholarship players…………everyone on earth knows it’s going to take some “time” if Tennessee ever gets back to championship level.

I think most of us are fine with simply improving next year……we definitely saw improvement this year.

As I stated in a thread earlier this season, a 1 win improvement over 6 years and we would be 12-0 in year 6. Would VN be patient for 6 years?
7-5
8-4
9-3
10-2
11-1 (CFP PLAYOFFS)
12-0 NATTY
This is what it will take! Not an instant impatient fan base to be 12-0 in year 2!
12 wins ain't getting you a natty 😉

VN Store

Back