Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

Georgia had three five stars at quarterback, all in the NFL now, and didn't win a single NC.

The Kirb's is all about the D. Which no longer wins championships.

So true.

Kirby inherited 5* Eason in 2017, he also signed 5* Fromm that same year. Eason was injured and transferred.

In 2018, they signed 5* Fields. He played sparingly and transferred.

In 2019, they signed high 4* Mathis. He played sparingly and transferred. They also signed 2* Stetson Bennett that year, who ironically, appears to be the best QB on their roster right now.

In 2020, they signed high 4* Beck and had 5* JT Daniels transfer in. Beck has not played at all, or played very sparingly. Daniels can’t stay healthy.

In 2021, they signed 5* Vandagriff who has yet to see the field.

Their 22 class currently has 5* Stockton committed.

So that’s a total of six 5-stars on the roster or on the way and 2 high 4-stars.

As you pointed out, with all that talent, GA has netted 0 national titles and Fromm eked-out only one SEC title with that loaded team in 2017.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Not for him. Entering too early.

Is the extra spot decided based on the time that he enters the portal or the time that he formally transfers? Seems like it ought to be the latter because players can decide to return to original team from portal.

I wonder if it’s that he wants to preserve his redshirt. If Hooker gets hurt or when we’re up big against Vandy and Heup wants to put him in and it could burn his shirt, if he refuses to go in, that might turn off potential landing spots. Also, he’s probably getting very few reps in practice that would benefit him in the future.
I don't see CJH bringing him against Vandy, the last game to burn the young mans red shirt.
If we had to we could run the wildcat or something with the WR that was a QB in HS or the UCF transfer
Honestly I think Milton could win us S. AL and Vandy as long as our RBs aren't hurt. Milton won't get you deep but he can hit the 15-20yrd passes good enough

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
How do people watch Hooker tear it up every week and still get mad at Heupel for not playing Bailey? It’s gotten completely stupid at this point.

I don’t know that a single person has suggested Bailey should play over hooker. Most on here wanted to see Bailey when it became obvious how bad Milton was. But hooker got the nod and has done phenomenal. Most of us still feel Bailey should be the no2 qb

Hooker Is a lot better but it sucks to see him leave.
Hope he goes somewhere where I’m not obligated to hate him. Kinda wish he’d finish the year out though

This one just makes me a bit sad. Really had high hopes for him and spring game was fun to watch. All the changes made the fit challenging and I hope he goes and has great success somewhere.

I don't see CJH bringing him against Vandy, the last game to burn the young mans red shirt.
If we had to we could run the wildcat or something with the WR that was a QB in HS or the UCF transfer
Honestly I think Milton could win us S. AL and Vandy as long as our RBs aren't hurt. Milton won't get you deep but he can hit the 15-20yrd passes good enough
Vandy sucks so bad we could just play 10 on offense and whip ‘em. Maybe just 9.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
This young man is going to destroy us in a game sometime in the next four years. It is the Tennessee way. And heaven help us is Hooker gets injured again and Milton is our ONLY backup. I like Coach Heupel and think he is doing some great things. But this one decision is NOT wise
But it's NOT CJH's decision to make. This is a player seeking opportunity elsewhere. Unless you're saying he should bench Hooker to keep Bailey.

Hate to lose Bailey, but best of luck to him. I think he can still be very good in the right offense, but his lack of speed probably doomed him in this one.

Gotta wonder if Maurer regrets leaving at this point. He could pretty easily be QB2 right now and of all the QBs on the roster at one point this season, he's the most perfect fit for a Heupel style offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange
Exactly. I wish him the best but let’s not forget that he just quit in the middle of the season and left us with a walk-on as our 3rd string when the two QBs ahead of him have already missed time due to injuries.
Honestly we don’t know the situation.

VN Store

Back