Tennessee QB Harrison Bailey enters NCAA transfer portal

This young man is going to destroy us in a game sometime in the next four years. It is the Tennessee way. And heaven help us is Hooker gets injured again and Milton is our ONLY backup. I like Coach Heupel and think he is doing some great things. But this one decision is NOT wise
Maybe. But he's done absolutely nothing to date to make anyone think he will... or that he will land at one of the top SEC programs being talked about. UGA has a full QB room. They simply don't need him and he doesn't compare well to the guys they already have.

People are still influenced by his HS rating and career. That doesn't prove anything.

If I were him... I'd look at a place like Pitt or GT. Great chance to start and get developed toward the NFL if he has that amount of talent without having to fight tooth and nail for the job.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
And you’re foolish to think Bailey is a worse quarterback than joe Milton

Bailey may turn out to be the better QB eventually but the coaches who see & coach up the players everyday felt differently. It is highly likely that Bailey would have been crushed behind the OL we have this year if he played significant snaps. Both Milton and Hooker have been knocked around big time.

Reactions: 08Vol
Obviously he is or else he would have taken more snaps. Even if Heupel were that kind of guy... he wants to win more than he wants to pursue an agenda against Bailey. It is just a manifestly stupid idea that Bailey was #3 because Heupel didn't like him. Sorry if that offends you... but it is.

Heupel sees them every day. He's seen every snap they've taken for the last 5 months. He's watched them in live scrimmage and every drill. We know how Milton has looked throwing the ball. Heupel doesn't want to lose... if HB were better then he would at least be #2.

I'm not sure why folks like you think you know more with almost nothing tangible to judge by than those who watch these guys daily.

PS- It isn't just the opinion of the coaches. Folks allowed to see the closed portions of practice have since said that Bailey didn't compare well to the others throwing the ball or running.

Really wanted him to work out here. Had high hopes for him. Seems like a great kid and team mate and will be a great asset wherever he goes. Wonder what that conversation was like, or even maybe curious to know if this was the best decision for HB and Coach Heup. Maybe we’re getting something down the road we aren’t aware of as of ye?

Good kid who seems to be exiting the right way.
For those asking why now, I’d say the earlier you get your name out the sooner you get to talk to teams. He knows he won’t see the field here this year except in mop up time against S Alabama.

Good chance to finish semester and land in new spot come January for spring ball.

I wish him the best. He might ball out in the right offense.

Then what’s the reason why Bailey cannot get on the field? I mean we have a head coach who has a history of developing QBs. I mean look at what he has done with Hooker. Heupel has seen more practice videos than anyone on this site by a country mile. Clearly he and this staff have seen something that makes them think he isn’t a good QB. I have no idea what it is. But to just blatantly say that Bailey is better than Milton? Don’t know how you can say that.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
The only guess I have is that it gets his name in front of coaches looking for QB help earlier. Could allow him to get a better gig.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that he has a destination and they don’t want him to get injured playing for someone else. Otherwise, it seems he should hang around and get some game reps against South Alabama or Vandy to attract more interest.

Obviously he is or else he would have taken more snaps. Even if Heupel were that kind of guy... he wants to win more than he wants to pursue an agenda against Bailey. It is just a manifestly stupid idea that Bailey was #3 because Heupel didn't like him. Sorry if that offends you... but it is.

Heupel sees them every day. He's seen every snap they've taken for the last 5 months. He's watched them in live scrimmage and every drill. We know how Milton has looked throwing the ball. Heupel doesn't want to lose... if HB were better then he would at least be #2.

I'm not sure why folks like you think you know more with almost nothing tangible to judge by than those who watch these guys daily.

PS- It isn't just the opinion of the coaches. Folks allowed to see the closed portions of practice have since said that Bailey didn't compare well to the others throwing the ball or running.
He isnt worse - he isnt built for this type of offense -- Mack Jones wouldnt even have been a starter on this type of offense

Then what’s the reason why Bailey cannot get on the field? I mean we have a head coach who has a history of developing QBs. I mean look at what he has done with Hooker. Heupel has seen more practice videos than anyone on this site by a country mile. Clearly he and this staff have seen something that makes them think he isn’t a good QB. I have no idea what it is. But to just blatantly say that Bailey is better than Milton? Don’t know how you can say that.

You do realize the only reason hooker got on the field is because Milton got hurt right? Heupel was dead set on Milton being the guy this season even though everyone saw vs bowling green he shouldn’t have been. I’m glad it worked out for hooker to light it up on the field.

You do realize the only reason hooker got on the field is because Milton got hurt right? Heupel was dead set on Milton being the guy this season even though everyone saw vs bowling green he shouldn’t have been. I’m glad it worked out for hooker to light it up on the field.
How many wins do the Vols have if Milton didnt get hurt ?

Why in the middle of the semester?

It's smart move for him. Middle of the semester is not relevant to a player in his situation. Needs to put himself out there before the early signing period fills up a lot of the qb spots on rosters.

The mindset has changed to something closer to free agency. Players are no longer indentured servants. Might cause schools to shift some of those big sloppy wads of cash away from coaches'salaries and facilities to players. I'm not particularly optimistic, but we'll see.

Reactions: volmoon
Why is everyone so worried about a revenge game? For all we know we won't even play HB's new team. How many other QB transfers at UT have gone on to have massive success, especially against us in conference?

Peterman (PITT) and Ferguson (MEM) are the only guys that have transferred to FBS schools and had success in the last decade. Dormady I think played okay for Central Michigan for one year was it? Brent Schaeffer was terrible for Ole Miss in the 2000's. Branndon Stewart was a 50% passer for A&M in the 90's.

I wish the best for HB, but the top teams in our conference already have pretty good QB's in place or in the pipeline, I just don't see him landing at somewhere like UGA, LSU, UF, or Bama.

Reactions: 08Vol and bpalmer28

VN Store

Back