Tennessee Players in Transfer Portal per 247 Sports

You can count on less than the fingers of one hand of OP's list the players were close to securing starting positions next season.

Reactions: Border Vol
WalterFootball.com has Cade Mays being drafted by the Giants in the 2nd round of the 2021 NFL Draft.:eek:

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Round 2
He might should go ahead and declare. Probably won't be the 2nd round, but getting drafted in the mid-rounds and moving on is better than staying around here and doing further damage to your draft stock.

You can count on less than the fingers of one hand of OP's list the players were close to securing starting positions next season.
Who would have started ahead of Johnson? Chandler was depth at a minimum and especially with Gray's situation unknown. Buchanon played or started before getting injured IIRC. Shrout looked competitive. Pope would have started. Not sure about Lowe as a contributor.

If those guys were not much more than scout team... they're still losses that this roster doesn't need. A bigger question maybe is if Pruitt can sign players in this class of equal caliber.

He's transferring to San Quentin St.
I thought I heard the Mean Machine was interested in him.

30073845_3.jpg

Whoa, The Zone breaking from Chris Lowe JP is in serious trouble with this investigation. Not at all clear he is going to make it as head coach.

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon
Of those, only about three are of any concern about or loss. Pruitt should’ve cleaned the roster earlier.

Jarrett Guarantano
Kasim Hill to R.I.
J.T. Shrout to Colorado
Ty Chandler
Jordan Allen
Jackson Lowe
Brandon Johnson
Austin Pope
Isaiah Montgomery
Jarious Abercrombie to Ill State
Savion Williams to FIU
Ethan Rinke to South Alabama
Kivon Bennett
DeAndre Johnson to Mami
Niles Gaddy to Jackson State
Baylen Buchanon
I don’t see but 2 productive players

Allvol,Seven of those in the portal didn't play,one kicked off,one JG.There are nine of the fourteen,make that ten with Baylon Buchanan because of his spinal stenosis.Now what was that about jumping ship?

Exactly, most of those players have struggled to see the field. Ty Chandler had promise, but underperformed this year while others ate away at his minutes. Most of the rest that are actually in the portal haven't even broken the starting lineup.
To be fair neither of our back up QB's broke the starting lineup are we assuming they had less potential than JG? Maybe JP hasn't the eye for talent as he would like to think. I honestly feel that Volnation will never know how good these cats could or couldn't have been.

VN Store

Back