Tennessee offered to pay for a recruit per article

U-T

Over the past week, the former Trezevant High coach spoke to The Commercial Appeal in a series of wide-ranging interviews. Among his charges:

Albert Means and his family knew about the cash payments and received a substantial amount of money from Lang. "When the story came out and everybody was talking about how the Means family didn't get any of the money and I kept it all for myself, that was the worst part," Lang said. "I took care of that family, and I took care of Albert all through his senior year and up until he went to Alabama."

Lang said he gave the Means family "around $60,000."

Though Alabama, Kentucky and Georgia are the only schools that actually paid money to Lang in the recruiting process, Lang said Arkansas, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Michigan State each said they would engage in activities contrary to NCAA regulations in an effort to land Means. "And most the time, it was boosters or coaches offering me things, not me asking for things," Lang said. "When I had Means, people treated me like a king. Anything I wanted, and anything they thought I wanted they had ready for me."

Arkansas and Tennessee made specific offers.

"Arkansas was going to hire me as their defensive line coach and give me $80,000," he said. "Tennessee offered $50,000, and then $75,000."

Young wasn't the only person with Alabama ties to give Lang cash.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/sports...3840765,00.html

I live in Memphis and let me tell you that guy is a crook and he should be sentenced right along with Logan Young - the fact tof the matter is that either you believe everything he says and all the people he has incrminated or you don't believe any of it. The funny part is that as his ship began to sink - only then did he spout out these other schools. I don't believe that all schools are clean - infact I think most of them could be found guilty on some type of recruiting violation but that doesn't mean that what this guy says will get the attention it MIGHT deserve - also when this came out before I believe it was investigated and found to be false - I THINK.

Wow, am I the only one who missed the documented evidence that this occurred? It's amazing how anyone can claim "facts" and these papers just eat it up.

Let's give this an objective look.

Lynn Lang is a convicted felon. With all of the clamor coming out of that state to the South, how could he not blame UT and Coach Fulmer to some degree for his plight. (We wouldn't want to just face up to our misdeeds, not in this age of tender psyches)

So, he sees a few folks who aided the NCAA and the Federal Government in his prosecution, now it's time to get back at them any way he can.

Some folks believe attacking someone else's character elevates their own stature. That's the opinion of the woefully ignorant and uneducated, but there's no shortage of people who refuse to accept responsibility for their own wrongs.

So how does he get revenge? The only way he can, by trying to hurt those who (even though they did the right thing) hurt him.

I am sure they are preaching about what an upright citizen he is.....idiots

Originally posted by VOLracerx@Jun 9, 2005 2:43 PM
I live in Memphis and let me tell you that guy is a crook and he should be sentenced right along with Logan Young - the fact tof the matter is that either you believe everything he says and all the people he has incrminated or you don't believe any of it. The funny part is that as his ship began to sink - only then did he spout out these other schools. I don't believe that all schools are clean - infact I think most of them could be found guilty on some type of recruiting violation but that doesn't mean that what this guy says will get the attention it MIGHT deserve - also when this came out before I believe it was investigated and found to be false - I THINK.
[snapback]102294[/snapback]​

Good post.

He has no credibility. The only thing he said that I believe is that Alabama cheated. The only reason I believe that is because it was proven by sources besides Lamg.

He's out for revenge and he needs a job.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jun 9, 2005 3:27 PM
wonder if tidefans.com has gotten hold of this yet?
[snapback]102312[/snapback]​

You're kidding, right?

They probably pitched tents at the Commerical Appeal so they could get the early copies.

Consider the source.

Funny if UT offered money then why did they back off. Why did it become public knowledge that UT backed off because of improperities?

A liar lying how novel.

I have read reports saying the entire Alabama Team along with the coaches went to Neverland ranch on Michael Jackson's dime and had illicite sex with small boys. But they seem to have gotten away with it. They sure are a dirty team. :dlol:

Every bama board that I have looked over today has been buzzing with this crap. I'll tell you what, I have never seen such a desperate group of fans in all of my life. Most of them are just pitiful.

VN Store

Back