Tennessee number 22

After seeing them play this year I believe that if Zay would have stayed healthy we could be top 10. She was going to be our best player this year. If Key will work each day to get better we could find ourselves in sweet 16 depending on matchups.

thing is tho stanford doesnt have two of their best players in the lineup either, they managed a number 1 ranking and they still drilled tennessee by 28 points. i do think the lady vols have a huge amount of upside and potential though and can still improve a lot before now and march.

Last edited:
Well look at Texas in the coaches poll....they only received 10 votes total!!! They actually had some good wins lately, too

Rae, Davis, Jordon, are all starting to play solid on both ends. If Key, Rennie, or Massengale can become steady scorers, we will be in top 3 in SEC. Our Defense is good, but we need 70 points nightly.

Rae, Davis, Jordon, are all starting to play solid on both ends. If Key, Rennie, or Massengale can become steady scorers, we will be in top 3 in SEC. Our Defense is good, but we need 70 points nightly.

I agree. I feel our defense is good enough that teams will struggle to score 70+ on us. For most of the game we were holding Stanford to well below their average. They only beefed the total in the last few minutes of the fourth. If we can average better than 70 points we will win a lot of games.

Howard was obviously outmatched, but they do actually shoot a pretty good percentage on the season at almost 40% and 35% from 3, today we held them to 18% and 5%.

Howard was obviously outmatched, but they do actually shoot a pretty good percentage on the season at almost 40% and 35% from 3, today we held them to 18% and 5%.

I think Howard may have been a little overwhelmed by the drastically different arena atmosphere to begin with. A couple of minutes before the game started, the TV camera was on Howard on the sidelines, the starters sitting and the rest gathered around. I noticed then that a young woman in street clothes — maybe a grad assistant or maybe an injured player? — was looking around and giving another young person a wide-eyed “Can you believe this!?” look.

It was adorable to see her so excited and impressed by the crowd, but I thought right then that if the players on the court are feeling like she was, their nerves could have them shooting bricks. And that’s what happened.

Last edited:
I agree. I feel our defense is good enough that teams will struggle to score 70+ on us. For most of the game we were holding Stanford to well below their average. They only beefed the total in the last few minutes of the fourth. If we can average better than 70 points we will win a lot of games.

Most of their shots behind the arc were uncontested and they just missed! They missed several open layups as well plus countless FT’s so not sure we can chalk this up to great D! Still yet to be seen!

VN Store

Back