Tennessee Needs to win out

6-6 with the losses we've had to the portal and injuries would be remarkable.

Just beating USCjr and Mizzou is pretty remarkable IMO. 247 Team Talent Composite has us ranked #19 in the country with 3 5* players... only 1 of which is currently healthy and contributing (Darnell Wright).

So I don't know why you think the #19 team in the country with quite literally no depth at OL/DL/LB should have been 9-3.
by your own logic we should be 9-3. go look at past final ap polls.

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.

Posts like this one will not allow folks to have much faith in your thought processes. Of course I've always thought that folks that make posts like this one need to kick in an extra hundred grand to the AD.

p.s. Just trying to make you not feel alone in the dumb post club.

Posts like this one will not allow folks to have much faith in your thought processes. Of course I've always thought that folks that make posts like this one need to kick in an extra hundred grand to the AD.

p.s. Just trying to make you not feel alone in the dumb post club.
I'm saying the truth. it's startling the amount of people that disagree with me just because a bunch of media members said this team has no talent or depth.

I see that prediction a lot and I think it's laughable with the talent on hand. we are giving games away with cheap penalties and over throws early in the season.
That's OK, most think your OP is laughable....

Reactions: Titan05
We would LIKE to win out. Dont NEED to win out. Making a bowl game & more importanty showing vast improvement after 3-7 season, when many thought we be at 5-7. Is a big deal.

We don’t have more talent than Mississippi - and we have less depth than most every team. Ludicrous statement…
we have more talent everywhere on defense and equal or more talent on offense. they have the better QB obviously

I'm saying the truth. it's startling the amount of people that disagree with me just because a bunch of media members said this team has no talent or depth.
It isn't the media saying we have no depth. It's our 3rd and 4th quarter performance because our guys are worn out. Watched any of our games?

you don't know football then. im not trying to be disrespectful or boastful.

Setting aside you possibly suffering from some form of amnesia how well do you think an audit of prior (many, many prior) predictions would sync up with you talking down to someone and how much they may or may not "know football".

Not startling at all. We disagree with you because you are wrong. Here’s a clue. When 99% of the people disagree with you, you are wrong. Pretty simple logic but I’m sure it will escape you.

6 and 6 likely but 7 and 5 possible . If Tennessee beats Georgia with the players they have now, it will be bigger than Tennessee beating LSU in the fifties .......... Not !!!! Kentucky win would make the season fantastic.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
we have more talent everywhere on defense and equal or more talent on offense. they have the better QB obviously
We have almost no coached talent at the Lb position. A converted Rb is our best LB and he makes a dozen or more mistakes a game and is a liability. Very little talent in the Db backfield who are routinely picked on. The only bright spot on D is the run D amongst the DL , however except for Young and possibly Baron , rarely provide pressure on passing downs.

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.
How in your crack addict mind do you see us beating Georgia?

I do think the rest are winnable.

We have almost no coached talent at the Lb position. A converted Rb is our best LB and he makes a dozen or more mistakes a game and is a liability. Very little talent in the Db backfield who are routinely picked on. The only bright spot on D is the run D amongst the DL , however except for Young and possibly Baron , rarely provide pressure on passing downs.
Great points. Add to that the O Line where we are now starting 2 players who probably would be better off at UT Chatt. and a guard has had to play center. For the uneducated or blind, that is because of LACK OF DEPTH.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
save it. we are a top 10 program. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. at the very worst an argument could be made for a top 12 program

Do you not understand why people think you are crazy? You just fail to look at what’s right in front of your face.

We are definitely still a big time program which is why we can pull a Top 10 class with a good group of recruiters despite not winning over 10 games since 2007 when the kids we are recruiting were around 3-5.

Lol. Are you talking about Butchs “top 10” classes? You do realize the only reason those classes were too 10 was because of quantity right?

We played against 3 QB's that most likely will be finalist for the Heisman. The other loss, E Jones had one of his best games. We still should have probably won against Pitt and Ole Miss, but no way I say it will take winning out(which is all but impossible with UGA left) to keep the season a success.

I predict 7-4

No offense but you do this nearly every year with every coach, your eye for talent and your ability to prognosticate very much sucks.

VN Store

Back