Tennessee Needs to win out

you don't know football then. im not trying to be disrespectful or boastful.

You're not being disrespectful or boastful, just mildly delusional. I say mildly because I think we're going to beat Kentucky coming off the bye week. Georgia will be a loss due to lack of depth. As far as coaching is concerned, 6-6 shows progress and an upward trajectory, 7-5 would be exceptional progress, and 8-4 get Heupel COTY honors.

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.
Who cares if you are down on him or not, give any coach in America what we have with departures and injuries and see what happens. One last thing if the games against Pitt and Ole Miss were called fairly and not taken away from us, we wouldn't have lost either one of those

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.
too much talent? lol what roster you been looking at? We have noone to swap out with to get rest.

Love the enthusiasm but I have never heard anyone thinking this was a 9-3 team. Too much lost on defense in the offseason plus new coaching hire 6-6 was expected. Should we have won a couple of games we lost this year, yes but that is hindsight looking back. The fact is we are just too depleted in quality depth to win some games. I agree that if Hooker had started the season as number 1 then we would have been PITT. The Florida game may have been different but the Ole Miss game would probably still be the same considering Hooker went out and Milton folded under pressure of trying to win. If he doesn't win out we will be as expected. We will not beat GA as their defense is good. I think we should be KY and it be our big win this year but only if we get a couple of injured Olinemen back. All in all the improvement seen this year as far as coaching and player growth is great and hopefully it continues.

I see that you finally got internet into your moms basement out in the boonies

*could have
Exactly. There’s a difference in should have and could have.
Should have indicates we didn’t do what was expected and we failed.
Could have can be the opposite. A year ago hardly anyone would of looked at our schedule and said should or could beat either of those 2.
But could of seems to exceed the expectations many had.

Please explain to us how this is a 9-3 “roster.”

You do understand that Tennessee lost more talent to the portal than anyone……right?

You know this roster is far from full and far from healthy…….right?

You got the fact that the roster was thin, new and having to learn new systems……right?

Tennessee certainly “could” have beaten Pitt and Mississippi……….however given the “roster”………….those shouldn’t have been “expected.” Both of those teams have 1 loss and both have top have top 5 offenses in the country with legit Heisman candidate QB’s.
I'm still trying to figure out how someone can say this was a 9-3 team with our schedule when the QB1 was unknown and neither played a real game for UT at the start of the season.
Yeah looking at the schedule you can say oh yeah we'll beat this team or that team.
Just too short on depth and at some point you're going to make mental mistake during the game because of fatigue. Guys still playing some good ball though.
If we knew Hooker would play like he is now and we had a full team then yeah I could see this being a 9-3 team...

Who cares if you are down on him or not, give any coach in America what we have with departures and injuries and see what happens. One last thing if the games against Pitt and Ole Miss were called fairly and not taken away from us, we wouldn't have lost either one of those
If nothing else, those games prove that our team is competing at a top 20 level. Considering what Heupel inherited, that's good coaching.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I would be happy with a 7-6 record plus a bowl win 8-5 with a bowl win would be the cherry on top. Seriously I thought in the preseason 5-7 or 4-8 was likely considering the atomic crater that Pruitt left in his wake. Let beat Kensucky!!!

Bawahaha

Nationdom, love you man, we need more of you.

But...

We're probably ending this season 7-5 or 6-6.

As for having the roster to go 9-3, that was always a long shot. We'd have needed every break to go our way. Yes, there were 9 teams on our schedule that we could go toe-to-toe with for 4 full quarters. But we lost two of those games (vs Pitt, and Ole Miss) in close matches. We can't get those back.

So now, let's hope for 7-5, and support our team no matter what.

Go Vols!

With this decimated roster and the injuries; just making a bowl game is an unbelievable accomplishment.

I have to question the football knowledge of someone that saw the lack of depth of this roster going into the season and maintained this being a 9 win team.

Reactions: overseasorange2

Lots of folks on here predicted 6-6, 7-5 with an outside shot at 8-4 and were chastised for it. I would not be disappointed with 7-5, especially with a thin roster and all the injuries. I'm proud of the team. Yes, we could have beaten Pitt and Ole Miss, but both of their QB's played lights out. We missed on multiple plays vs. Pitt and got shafted by the refs vs. Ole Miss, so yes we could be 6-2. 7-5 and a bowl win and continue our upward trajectory........

I dont think that's is a good coaching job if we do. especially if we are healthy down the stretch
200w.gif

Like we are going to beat the #1 team in the country ;) We will be lucky to score a couple of TD's on them.:eek:

Your not a very good troll dude...Seriously

Youi're HIGH! 9-3? Do you know anything about football or just shoot your mouth off with no knowledge?

Way too much talent? We have zero depth and the weakest linebacker set we have had in a long time. No depth on the offensive or defensive lines. The only position you could say we have depth at is WR. Ole Miss is ranked in the top 10 and very possibly could win the west if Bama loses to LSU or Auburn. UG will drill us, they are number 1 in the country in case you haven't been paying attention.

VN Store

Back